Sunday, July 12, 2009

Driven to Distraction...




Do you ever get distracted? Do you ever start a project and get side tracked by a new idea that comes from your current project?


Well, I came up with an idea while working on Case Study #1 and decided to quickly jot down a sketch so that I wouldn't forget my idea...


sketch of case study #2


and so I started working on it, Case Study #2, this weekend, using some of my hand dyed fabrics and Kona white....


Playing with an idea that has been brewing in my head for some time

Along the way, I started adding a couple of blocks with my favorite hand dyed greens......

avocado set

the ones that wants to make me cry when I look at a piece!

this one is so beautiful, I could cry!

So, I thought to myself.... "Self, what would happen if you made a bunch of blocks with just green?"

Hmmmm.....

I got distracted...

That's kind of interesting BUT it needs some ZING! So, I added a slice of hand dyed fuschia!

And voila! "Driven to Distraction" (aka "Case Study #2a")...

Driven to Distraction

In the sun (which seems a rarity these days in upstate NY)..

In the shade....

Driven to Distraction

and the back...

back of mini

Now back to my regularly scheduled project until .... Hmmmm....

IMG_0311