Sunday, July 12, 2009

Driven to Distraction...




Do you ever get distracted? Do you ever start a project and get side tracked by a new idea that comes from your current project?


Well, I came up with an idea while working on Case Study #1 and decided to quickly jot down a sketch so that I wouldn't forget my idea...


sketch of case study #2


and so I started working on it, Case Study #2, this weekend, using some of my hand dyed fabrics and Kona white....


Playing with an idea that has been brewing in my head for some time

Along the way, I started adding a couple of blocks with my favorite hand dyed greens......

avocado set

the ones that wants to make me cry when I look at a piece!

this one is so beautiful, I could cry!

So, I thought to myself.... "Self, what would happen if you made a bunch of blocks with just green?"

Hmmmm.....

I got distracted...

That's kind of interesting BUT it needs some ZING! So, I added a slice of hand dyed fuschia!

And voila! "Driven to Distraction" (aka "Case Study #2a")...

Driven to Distraction

In the sun (which seems a rarity these days in upstate NY)..

In the shade....

Driven to Distraction

and the back...

back of mini

Now back to my regularly scheduled project until .... Hmmmm....

IMG_0311

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that green hand dye. I don't know how you could bear to cut it though. It does look very nice in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! That green fabric so fabulous. Love that bit of red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's a fuschia square!! The color must be off on my monitor - I thought it was orange. You must have thought I lost it. I love your 'distraction'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Did you ever get a lot done after we left. I can't believe you assembled it and quilted it over the rest of the day. It looks fantastic though.

    BTW Mom was thrilled with the baby clothes. Now back to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa that green is out of this world. I love your free style designing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Love it. I love the strips and the quilting. So interesting and unusual. I gotta show this to my daughter, too. She'll love it. It really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I'm so glad you get distracted, lol - I love the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! You are so very creative and manage to get such a lot done

    ReplyDelete