Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Sundye!!

Well, even though I told you all the other day that I am under a lot of pressure to get this town done...
border? no border?

and this project is still hanging on my 'design-french-doors' (... I don't have any wall left for hanging! LOL)....
mystery project progress...

I have literally been dying to dye ...ever since a package of goodies arrived from Dharma Trading over a week ago!!!! And I couldn't stand it any longer!

So......


Today, (Sunday or should I say, 'Sundye') seemed like the perfect day to break open the box, get out my library books, take over the garage (with a couple of my trusty helpers) and create some wonderful fabrics of my own....
Mosaic of dyeing day #1



And as I sat over the sink, rinsing out the excess dye from the first batch of fabric, I thought, "hey! I feel like an artiste!"
IMG_0450

This is the first set, fresh out of the dryer and neatly pressed....
fuschia set
(I am definitely a 2-8 Tbsp over the teeny 1/2-1 tsp!)

and the next batch is rinsing...
blue water in the machine

(more batches waiting!!!)



Happy Day,
from the artiste....
IMG_0272