Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Sundye!!

Well, even though I told you all the other day that I am under a lot of pressure to get this town done...
border? no border?

and this project is still hanging on my 'design-french-doors' (... I don't have any wall left for hanging! LOL)....
mystery project progress...

I have literally been dying to dye ...ever since a package of goodies arrived from Dharma Trading over a week ago!!!! And I couldn't stand it any longer!

So......


Today, (Sunday or should I say, 'Sundye') seemed like the perfect day to break open the box, get out my library books, take over the garage (with a couple of my trusty helpers) and create some wonderful fabrics of my own....
Mosaic of dyeing day #1



And as I sat over the sink, rinsing out the excess dye from the first batch of fabric, I thought, "hey! I feel like an artiste!"
IMG_0450

This is the first set, fresh out of the dryer and neatly pressed....
fuschia set
(I am definitely a 2-8 Tbsp over the teeny 1/2-1 tsp!)

and the next batch is rinsing...
blue water in the machine

(more batches waiting!!!)



Happy Day,
from the artiste....
IMG_0272

6 comments:

  1. There is no end to your talents and 'artiste--ry" You continue to amaze and inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl.....I think you can safely use the description "artiste" ....your work is always amazing.....and I am sure you will finish the town just as soon as you have created up a storm with the dyeing....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL...I wish I knew how to DO that. Is it difficult? How did you learn to do it? Can you give any help on this??? The "town" is looking terrific, by the way....and I know you will get it done in time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thew quilt with the houses, so colourfull, just great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the house quilt, that is great! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.
    Dying fabric is something I have wanted to try, you make it look so easy and fantastic results
    LOVE those pink/reds amazing!
    what are you going to make with them?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric looks amazing! I've always been too scared to try it, so more power to you!

    ReplyDelete