Saturday, May 23, 2009

This is what happens...

....when you discover that one of the house blocks intended for this quilt top...
border? no border?

magically disappears in this mess....construction zone
(don't worry it is cleaner now!!!)

And the fabrics you chop up for one idea doesn't really work...
something I am working on

You find yourself with this....
This is what happens..

.... now destined to be the back of a quilt!!!!!

This area of upstate NY is popular with tourists... mostly those we refer to as 'downstate'-ers and so the roads around here are clogged with campers, cars from out-of-towners and those bearing out-of-state plates ..... so I plan to stay close to home and sew, relax, sew, journal, sleep, and did I mention that I might sew????


IMG_0269

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes an error like that is a little gift! The backing is gorgeous! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that house quilt more each time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of fancy backs for quilts. I find that they serve two purposes: to use up fabric (yay - stashbusting) and to showcase yet more of our creative wonder!

    It's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have laid this out very nicely. Happy sewing. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't live far from the base of Mt. Hood. In Oregon. Sorta the same deal as you. The Hwy is packed! I just made me a summer skirt which I blog about next week! I love it! ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little house on the back! It's a non-conformist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a perfect weekend! and i like how you put that back together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds likd a recipe for a perfect weekend to me....I also live in a region popular with tourists so tend to stay home on long weekends - or go somewhere else...but without the tourists our economy would suffer so "come visit" I say!....gives me an excuse to spend a weekend in my sewing room!....and go for coffee when it is quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the back! A very happy mistake, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love your houses quilt. It makes me want to make a houses quilt too!

    ReplyDelete