Friday, May 22, 2009

Not enough hours in the day...

Some days, I wish there were a whole lot more time each day (well, I suppose if I didn't go to bed so early but got up early, I might have more time, but I would be miserable!)

Nature Boy and I did some lawn maintenance and planting at our apartment building and this rhododendron I planted last spring is beginning to bloom...
A rhododendron in all stages of bloom

And here in our backyard, we have the purple variety...
Purple rhododendron in our backyard


We also spent a great deal of time planting our very first vegetable and fruit garden with a corner dedicated to flowers that the butterflies love....
our veggie garden planted today!

It took a lot of planning, preparing, digging, fencing...
our veggie garden planted today!
but we can hardly wait to reap its benefits!

And just in case I didn't have enough on my plate, I took the plunge and signed up for a 21 day art journaling class online!
day 1

Today was Day 1!!!!!

But yes, occasionally, I grab a few minutes here and there in my sewing room...
something I am working on

and with the long weekend upon us, I hope to get much more done!

Have a great weekend!!!!


IMG_0271

4 comments:

  1. your garden is looking great! happy long weekend! i'm back to work on monday. yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have so many interesting things to report to us. Your rhododendron bushes look BEAUTIFUL.....and the vegetable garden looks like it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of the rhododendron blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is something about planting vegies and flowers....always feels good and it is great to see them grow and the harvest is always satisfying! Hope you have a great long weekend....we have one coming up in two weeks....looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete