Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pssst....

Today, the judge spent the day with the quilts from quilt guild and I was a volunteer. This is the first time that I have been there on the day of judging.

Interesting to hear what she looks for...

Some of her buzz phrases...
"long straight lines should remain straight" (on your sashing)
"corners should be 90 degrees"
"good binding technique"
"make sure that the width of the binding is constant"
"good selection of fabrics"
"good machine quilting technique"
"piecing well executed"
"loose threads should be hidden and trimmed"
"be careful when starting and stopping stitching"

And I may have been there when my quilts were judged and I just may have won a ribbon... or two... (shhhhhhh.....)

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! "shhhh"..i mean...awesome. exciting! thanks for the insight on judging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh congrats on the fame and fortune. please post pix of quilts with big ribbons attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOO...can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just quietly....thats fantastic news

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAYYY!! ooops....I mean yay *golf clapping*

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Congratulations. Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great Lisa!! :) But I won't spill the beans to anyone. (zip-zip)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woo hoo!

    i got the "corners should be 90 degrees" comment on my quilt. hee.

    ReplyDelete