Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Draaaawing it out....

... so I am still catching up with life!

I have had so much to tell (after being MIA for a bit) that I decided that it would be unfair to bore you with too much detail in one post but to draaaaaaw it out into at least two!

So here is part two....

Last Tuesday, after much waiting (!!!!), Mr. U and I added three properties to our growing real estate empire....

properties

That brings the total to 4. So now that the calls back and forth to the lawyers, banks, etc are over with, there is some work to be done managing 6 more units.

But that is business... onto pleasure!

Besides the work on the quilt for Sugarbaby's teacher (which is safely in the hands of its new owner!), I finished the latest block in the 'A Tisket A Tasket' BOM....

Block #6

And completed a quilt for Kriszta, as part of a small (four of us) international group of quilters and sent that off to her in Hungary....

sneak peek for Kriszta...

But since it has not yet arrived at its destination, I can only give you a peek....

another sneak peek of Kriszta's quilt

I just have a couple more quilty commitments and then a summer's worth of play in my sewing room (and at the beach, town p0ol, and beyond!).

One of those is our ongoing monthly swap, 8two8. This month, it is Beth's turn and she asked for blocks with one main color.

The green block came together easily and quickly!

Beth's first block

For the pink block, I thought I would try out one of my new toys that I picked up at our guild quilt show. I have really wanted to try making dresden plates!

I am in love with my new toy!

What fun!

lotsa pink for ????

Until I discovered that I made the plate too big for the all ready large block requirement (15 1/2 " unfinished)! ARGH.

Aye Carumba!

So stay tuned....

what to do with an oversized block???

I am thinking giveaway! But now back to the drawing board for Beth's second block!

And this morning, Sugarbaby climbed into the apple tree (the one we have left... nature intervened last week and our other apple tree toppled) to peek in the robin's nest. A lot of squawking and this one popped out....

Growing so fast!

Back at the ranch, Sugarbaby still has some work to do but Teenager is organized herself (for the time being)....

Oscar and Felix

Tomorrow is Sugarbaby's last official day (or should I say, 2 hours) of school, so she better get moving or she will be cleaning instead of swimming all summer! LOL

5 comments:

  1. WOW...I see lots of snow removal in your future with SIX rental properties to be maintained!!!

    Nice to see half the room is getting organized.......I'm sure the second half will follow soon and then.....the whole thing will be messed up again quite quickly(MY prediction based on personal experience with teenaged girls....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the room is getting there, so much for me to look forward to when my babies hit the teenage years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green block & the dresden block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh the applique is quite nice I must say. Congrats on your business endeavors. You will not lack for boredom, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful house...i could live there. i love old houses. lots of great quilty goodness here. that room is the best...so familiar!

    ReplyDelete