Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A little math....

Okay!!! A little math today!!!

This.....
freezer paper pieced strips
plus this (it really is white fabric in bad light!)....


equals this.....
color wheel so far..
But the equation isn't quite right yet!!!!

This....

color wheel so far..

plus a whole bunch of these....

Hmmmm....

equals this....
Hmmmm... (again!)

(amazing how things multiply!!!) but we are still not quite there!!!!!

With a bunch of ironing and stitching added to the equation, we get this....
I like the way the sun hit the quilt sitting on my sewing table
add it to a load of laundry and.....

voila!!!!!
DQS6 done!
DQS6 (aka doll quilt swap #6) quiltie is done....
DQS6 done!
and ready to post!!! Wonder where it is headed!??

Now I can add this "color wheel plus" to my other previous doll quilt swap quilties..

DQS5
doll quilt 5 done!!!

and DQS4
The front of doll quilt for swap III

One project down.... many more to go!!!!


My very own bus

21 comments:

  1. Super super cute Lisa. I need to make a color wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO pretty! You did a great job. (It looks like it was difficult, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color wheel (I always love colors organized into a rainbow) but I am LOVING your execution. The black/white fabric is just the thing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Maybe you could sneak it over here to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME...I love it!! Please send it here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the step-by-step photos. The colours with the black and white look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky partner - that is one effective and coloourful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour-wheel quilt! Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...looks wonderful. In one picture I thought you were turning it into a cushion and what a great idea. I do love your doll quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lisa!

    Yes, something green themed for a print would certainly be appropriate for this time of the year. I am happy to report that we finally have some crocuses appearing in the yard!

    Congratulations on all your beautiful creations - I'm deeply envious of anyone who can sew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That black & white really makes the other colors pop! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's GORGEOUS!!!! I am so glad there are other lovers of color out there and that it's not just me :) I wish I were in that swap and getting your color wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is just nothing so perfect as a whole bunch of colour in a circle!!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! Love it! I am sure that where ever it travels to it will be greatly loved and appreciated! 8-)
    Love your stash and house blocks too!
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute!!! i love colorwheels....i really want to make a BIG one...maybe for a bed. someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have had your little quilt in my head for awhile now. did you do the binding like a pillow case binding? because otherwise i have no idea how you did those prairie points!!??? its gorgeous by the by

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My God!! I just died and went to heaven!!
    I really would have died if I received this gorgeous quilt in the mail!!!
    Just stunning, Lisa!
    Hugs,
    Sandy-

    ReplyDelete