Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF!!!

My days have been full and very busy! Not much time for blogging and such! (BTW, there is a great comic in our local paper today showing early blogging!)

Nature Boy and I continue our new travels, through our homeschooling journey. I think we are both learning much. I, for one, am learning a lot about the history of my naturalized country. This area is rich with history from the French and Indian War, to Ethan Allen, and much more. We are hoping for the snow to melt soon so that we can visit some of the nearby historical attractions (we live somewhere between the Saratoga Battlefield and Fort Ticonderoga.)

In the meantime, we are making the most of the outdoors and accompanying weather. Yesterday, we took a walk through a nearby park, looking for birds and what not...
Walk at Hovey Pond
and we found a bunch of cedar waxwings flitting around the creek.
a cedar waxwing
Back inside, I am not seeing much of my sewing room, except in the wee hours of the morning (aka 4 AM), before I head off to the gym...
(hence the mess, when I dump stuff off and leave.)

I did manage this little test of my larger white log cabin quilt which I aptly call, "This is just a test"
and this is the backside...During school hours, I am able to squeeze in a bit of hand applique here and there...
so, I am working on a free BOM that I found at Bunny Hill's blog...
This week, I received some goodies from Emma in the UK (my partner in Katy's fat quarter swap)...
....some great pieces of ribbon, a couple of fat quarters (Kaffe Fassett and some dots!), some embellishments and a mag...
Thank goodness it is Friday! Hopefully, I will get some quantity time in my sewing room this weekend (in between chauffeuring the kids around, going to a play with Sugarbaby, cleaning the basement, spending time with Mr. U, and resting!)

Have a good weekend, whatever you plan to do!

3 comments:

  1. I was a bit tired before I began reading your post, but now I am TOTALLY exhausted. You wear me out just READING about your schedule!!! I hope you get some time for YOU this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad it's friday too! sounds like you are getting the hang of homeschooling and sneaking in some sewing here and there. i bit the bullet and bought an elliptical for myself...my gym closed. hope i can get back in the swing on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'd be able to sew a straight line at 4am!

    I LOVE the quilting on your test piece! It's going to look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete