Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Journey

Do you ever wonder how you got to where you are today? and where are you going next?Reflecting this morning, I realized that there are so many crafts/skills/lessons/places yet to be explored!

I grew up in a loving family who wanted the best for me...
... the best that they knew...
(by the way, the dress I am wearing above was handmade, including the smocking, by my paternal grandmother)

I took dance classes..
music lessons...
I even took ice skating lessons for a few years....

and sewing lessons too..
(remember the days of peasant blouses and skirts? I am probably dating myself... but I did make that outfit!)
I have travelled some... Canada, USA, and abroad...

I went to college and graduate school to learn a respectable profession and I started a family but it was only then that I began to really set out on my journey, to search, to grow, to discover...


Lately, I have been on a quest to expand my horizons and also to find some focus. There are so many things I want to try that I might have to live until I am 100 to get to all of them!!!!

Today, I tried illustrated journaling...

I need to practice my drawing but it was fun.

And of course, I continued on my exploration of...
white log cabins
with colored centers...

Some journeys run into snags on the way... even so, my quest continues....
Life is a voyage
-Victor Hugo

7 comments:

  1. This is a fun post! I also remember peasant blouses and skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post lisa! I love it!
    How come they used to make our childhood dresses SOOOOO Short anyway???? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics, I also have the feeling of that just when you think you are getting somewhere you realize there is still so much yet to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could be a writer....you have a way with words ....and thoughts....and pictures. Another nice post by you...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Love your journal page - your drawing is a LOT better than mine! LOL! I'll have to look into illustrated journaling. I've been making the journals themselves lately - now on to the actual journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea of the illustrated journal!!! I enjoy keeping a journal and would love to add small drawings, but I am so pathetic at drawing!!! Thanks for the inspiration--maybe stick figures aren't so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do think about that...how i got where i am...where i might go. hmmmm.
    love the texture of your white log cabins...when i first saw the picture i thought maybe you were quilting as you go...but it's the texture of the seam lines...i like it.

    ReplyDelete