Friday, January 16, 2009

Going into hibernation!!!

Well, Mr. U, Sugarbaby, and I were up before the sun and on the road to Lake Placid for a figure skating competition and boy, was it cold out there in the Adirondack Mountains!!!!!

and it got colder!!!!It actually dipped to -26 degrees before rising again. It is probably the coldest weekend of the season!

Reason enough to hibernate!

But here we were on the highway early this morning watching the steam coming off the trucks..

peering through the iced up windows.....
and watching the sunrise over the mountains...
Just spectacular!!!!
We arrived in town at around 7:30 or so....
with the mountains aglow....
Inside the Olympic Ice Center, Sugarbaby was all aglow too!!!

She competed against 5 other skaters (this photo is a shot from warm up before she took off her jacket!) in her age group and level...
and took first place!!!! Yeah!

Still cold outside the rink on the way home...
and icy!
Reason enough to hibernate!

So I am gathering up my supplies (food and fabric!) for the weekend and hiding in my sewing room, hoping to finish up this baby and soon!

Stay warm!!!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats to SugarBaby! Wonderful accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Sugarbaby!!! Maybe she will decide she likes first place and you can have a contest in the house as to who wins first place in the Cleanest Bedroom category...and she will rise to the occasion there, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to SugarBaby! I found your blog through our Project Improv Flickr group! I was reading through some of your old posts and saw you got a new slowcooker. Check out this blog http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ !
    I followed it last year and made so many yummy things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowy and freezing photos as we are enjoying a HOT summers day of 37C !!!! Good job we live near the beach! Congrats to your daughter-fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOOO for SugarBaby!!! How exciting. Man that looked cold!
    I was able to post this time and no crossed out lines. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brr, we had similar weather here. I hope you are now through it like we are. Your quilt is lovely, I can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Sugar Baby!! It is hard to imagine temperatures that low. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give her my grats too! Love that icy rock! I always take pics of those too. lol They're like frozen in motion!

    ReplyDelete