Sunday, September 21, 2008

Up, up, and away!!!

Busy weekend flying all about!

Thanks to all who commented on my last post and my house building skills!

Did a little sewing and a lot of other stuff too! I managed to run 5 miles today in 48 minutes and 11 seconds! I think that is a new record!!!!

Here is a mini quilt that I finished last week but didn't want to post until Beth received it. A swap with a hearts theme this month....

(my fave... black/white with red and a little splash of pink for excitement!)

and I am so excited about this mini I finished this weekend for another swap (yes, I am swap dependent - it's a disease!)! Wish I could show you the whole thing but I gotta get it packed up and shipped off to Shannon first.....

Saturday afternoon, Sugarbaby and I went out to our local mini airport to help our local figure skating club fund raise (yet again- maybe this is a sickness too!)! But boy did we have fun!!!!

Sugarbaby has gotten very good at making buttons now...
here is our booth which seemed out in the middle of nowhere (until the balloons launched later in the afternoon).... The booth was at the airport as part of the annual Adirondack Balloon Festival and I wasn't really enthusiastic about going..... and in the afternoon the only flying is kites....
Lots of 'em and they were flying in the wind...

Luckily, the wind died down in the late afternoon in time for launching...

and they were awesome!!!! Who knew a balloon festival could be so much fun?!!!
I just kept clicking my camera!!!! The colors were magnificent!!!

This one is for Susan and all my strawberry lovin' bloggy friends...

This one had pretty colors...
Kinda cute....
I love black/white with red any ol' way....
Honoring my Canadian heritage....
and just look at them all up there!!!!





Won't ever catch me up there in one of them..... beautiful balloon or not!!!! I like both of my feet planted on the ground!!!!

This is for all my quiltie friends....Gotta love pinwheels!!!

What a beautiful sight!!!
I have plenty more photos at flickr!!!

7 comments:

  1. Look at those hot air baloons!! I love them! Especially the strawberry and the one with the pinwheels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my dreams to go up in a hot air balloon. We talked about leaving our reception that way but weren't able to work it out.. oh well.. gives me something to work towards! Thanks for the great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little heart quilt is lovely. The balloons were amazing what fun. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots of the air balloons that strawberry is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..wonderful pictures. But I got to admit, I enjoyed seeing the 5th Dimension the best!! LOL, those plastic dresses and big hair - but I think I still have every album they ever produced. Nothing to play them on, but I have the album!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep telling your MIL that I would love to meet you. You are an amazing quilter, blogger, mom, exercise nut...and I guess just an addictive-type woman.

    Love all the pics. Thanks for the Fifth Dimension...I do remember!!

    Duchess of York

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun! hot air balloons! I'm a big fan :)

    ReplyDelete