Saturday, June 21, 2008

Twiddle Dee, Twiddle Dum, Tedious, Tedium.....

I thought of that corny post title yesterday while I sat for a looong, loong time pinning bias tape on the edges of 4 aprons that I am making as end-of-the-school-year gifts.
Lots and lots of pinning!!!!!
But if you do it right, you don't have to be too bored!
I lowered my ironing board where I placed the pins, fabric and bias tape, and watched a movie on my DVD player. The movie finished before the pinning!

I got a little package of goodies in the mail that I ordered from Fabric Shack... some more yummy robin egg blue/turquoise colored fabrics...
The fabric on the left, from Darlene Zimmerman's Mama's Feedsacks, I originally bought from Corning Stitchworks while at the Lancaster Show (she has an awesome booth of cool stuff, a lot of vintage goodies ... too bad she doesn't have an online shop). But I used a lot of it in my Doll Quilt Swap quilt so I wanted more! The second is a fabric I spotted in their shop online while looking at the Katie Jump Rope collection.

And this is some Mod Girls by Jennifer Paganelli that was on sale...
these may become some lounge pants!

Fabric Shack has great, prompt service and they even include some treats in their packages....
I think they chose these treats to coordinate with the fabrics!!!!
what do you think???!!!

Joann's is having a book sale this weekend along with the Firefly Frenzy sale. I spotted this book and ended up coming back to buy it later in the day...
I love the projects...
very cool!!!

Extremely cool!!!!

Super cool!
I like this...
and it says 'easy' in the title!!!! I am thinking.... Doll Quilt Swap 4!

Well, I only have a few more days to myself until the end of school arrives! A little bit of panic, a little bit of relief! I love to read Baby Blues comic strip in our daily paper. It makes me laugh so because often they are so true. Today's comic hits a little close to home!!!

Have a good weekend!!!

7 comments:

  1. Definately a lot of pinning there, was it a good movie ? Now thos quilts do not look easy!
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check out that website!!!
    Don't know how to make aprons, or what bias tape is, but it does sound tedious. Your last apron looked great, I'm sure the recipients will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabric you bought! yum! and baby blues cracks me up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have to have that book! That star is to die for!!!!! And I don't think that I even have that many pins ... no I know I haven't. I have 1000 safety pins though ... honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bias curves book--haven't made anything from it yet but love to look at the PRETTY things! I also love getting packages from Fabric Shack--they are so speedy and include the most practical freebies (including candy!). Hmm, I'll have to go see what's on sale! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves an apron. Great gifts. And isn't that candy so pretty all matching your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laugh at Baby Blues all the time...it is just too true!

    ReplyDelete