Thursday, June 12, 2008

How Do You Spell Relief?

Well, you might spell it r-e-l-i-e-f.... or you might try A-l-k-a S-e-l-t-z-e-r... But, I spell it....
t-h-u-n-d-e-r-s-t-0-r-m!!!!!!!

We had a doozy of a storm on Tuesday night!!!!

It broke the humidity and heat...
and we feel relief!

Now, I can get on with things!!!! I have been baking nibbles for the last two days in preparation for a baby shower that my SIL and I are hosting at my house this Saturday...
chocolate chip cookies!

gingerbread cookies!
chocolate chip shortbread squares!

and banana bread for starters!!! More to be baked.

I am excited and nervous at the same time about hosting about 40 people at our home. We have not met our SIL's (wife of my husband's brother and mom-to-be) family who hail from Michigan, Rochester NY, Ohio, and Wisconsin and they are all coming!!! BIL and SIL decided to go off on their own to marry in Iceland! So there was no big family wedding. It should be fun but a relief when it is all done.

This is my youngest's 'baby', Lindy (at least that is the nom de jour). She is helping us out with a project....
I have made my SIL a shopping cart cover for the babe-to-be (using Debbie Mumm prints that I found at Joann's)...and I wanted to enclose some photos with the gift so SIL would know what it was and how to use it....Lindy gets a little lost in the shopping cart but she was the next best thing to the real thing and I don't have anymore of those (thank goodness!)
Thanks Lindy!

I have made a couple of other things and purchased a couple of things as well. This is their first (and possibly only baby). I will spend a good part of the early summer making the babe his first quilt. I have the fabric but haven't done a darn thing yet! Too much to do!!!!

And, I am trying to squeeze in some other sewing on the side (I even managed to help out at 'field day' for my youngest today and answer landlord calls regarding an ad I placed in the paper - never a dull moment!)....
Not sure why it downloaded sideways!!! A sneak peek at the back of the 6"-12" mini quilt trading swap quiltie that I am working on for Lisa...
and another view of the front!

9 comments:

  1. I am sure the baby shower will be a huge hit with all of that delicious food! Lindy did a great job of modelling the shopping trolley carrier - they are such a useful accessory! I am loving the colours you are using in your mini quilt. I am using a lot of linen at the moment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos Lisa. I am so glad you got the storm. We didn't have rain but it finaly dropped down to the 70's tonight. It has been over 80 at night for the past week.
    Those goodies look so good. You could put those choc chip cookies in the hall of fame.
    That Sand and Surf fabric is one of my favorites! I am sure what ever you are making will be fabulous. My mom and I are slowly working on a lap quilt in that fabric for my sister. We are 3000 miles apart which makes the quilting tough but we will get there. Hope your weekend stays nice. Good luck with the shower! Love Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chocolate chip shortbread squares look good - any chance of sharing the recipe?! Love the shopping trolley cover modelled by Lindy!! Would of loved one of those when mine were little. Sure the shower will go well - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the recipe for those chocolate chip shortbread squares...please? What a storm! We had 2 this week! Summer is here! YAYY!! Sounds like a very productive day in there...whatever you're taking to be so productive I'll take 2 please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun to make baby things. I love how green it is there despite the rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hurray for relief from the heat! I always hate baking when I have the a/c on. hope the shower goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see that quilt it looks lovely. If it is anything like that last swap quilt I'd say we will be looking at a new banner before we know it. I hope the get together is going nicely or gone nicely ... I can never get my head around the time change :). Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fun!!! i think i gained 5 lbs just looking at all those cookies and bread!!!

    ReplyDelete