Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Life and Stuff...

Well, my sewing room is sitting idle today

while I go out into the real world. Amongst the many titles I hold, I am a landlord, a 'Jack (or Jill, if you will) of all trades' and someone has to paint, clean, pay the bills, meet the contractors, etc.

Maybe tonight I will run my hands over my neglected fabric and hug my sewing machine!

I love looking to see what goodies Sarah is showing on her blog. I managed to peek today and I love her scrap box and what she made from her scraps (I have a weakness for wonky and log cabins!!!) I told her that I had a scrapbox (a small one) ..

and a rather large one, too....
What am I going to do with all these?!!!!

This weekend, our guild is having a garage sale and so I plan to unload some 'stuff' (not even the stuff that I just showed you but other stuff!!!)

Bags of scraps organized by color...
assorted unused items (kits, etc) and books that I no longer need/use...

and our guild library accepts magazines which they sell for 25 cents each to raise money for new books. I just happen to have plenty of those!
and still have some left over...

not to mention a few books to spare.

I have recovered from my adventure in my daughters' bedroom. Still waiting on the oldest to finish her side of the room.

Stay tuned for tonight's adventure.....I am meeting my 11 yo son at school today armed with a garbage bag (and a camera, hehe- gotta blog about something tomorrow!) to search through his locker and find some missing clothing and maybe some homework too!!!

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to bring a gas mask, safety glasses and a fumigator when you clean Jack's locker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at all those scraps! I was just thinking yesterday that I needed a bigger box, but what I think I need is to get my scraps under control. I cannot let them keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Barb's comment...a garbage bag may not be enough protection! You never know what you might find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could be at that garage sale ... I am a magazine junkie! I'm feeling a little nauseous at the thought of you giving them away ... are you mad?????

    ReplyDelete