Sunday, May 25, 2008

an ABC Meme about ME!!!!!!

I haven't had time to post photos of my latest swap goodies that I received from Susan. Loooove the details in this wee quiltie!!!!
and my youngest and I love buttons she sent us too!!!
After an all ready long Memorial weekend, today is an "Superintendent's Day" in our school district so the kids are still off. The two youngest wanted to do some fishing so we took them to a nearby park with a beautiful pond, marshes, gardens, and assorted wildlife. I have scattered photos that I took at the park throughout today's blog post.

So.... I saw this Meme on Susie's blog the other day... an ABC Meme and decided to give it a whirl! Here goes....

Accent: Okay well... I grew up in Canada saying "eh" and funny ways of saying "sorry" and "out" and "mummy". Then, I took my master's degree in speech-language pathology in central New York. One of my classmates was from Queens NY and was my partner for a preschool screening. When she heard me say "mummy" instead of "maw-my", she set me straight!!!! I did return to Canada for 2 1/2 years before returning to the US and so I have had lots of changes to my accent over the years. Now, I think I sound more American than my American spouse and my Canadian family sounds downright silly!
Breakfast or no breakfast: I have a cup of early grey tea and a couple of ibuprofen early in the morning before heading out to the gym. If I am hungry, I will eat a banana. After my workout and a shower, I have some cereal or toast.

Chore I don’t care for: Dusting is definitely not high on my list!
Dog or Cat: Currently, we have two fish in the house. We have had the gamut...dog (that didn't work out), and snakes, hamsters, geckos (all of which I DO NOT touch!!!!)

Essential Electronics: I keep a cell phone by me during the day for business and kid emergencies, I loooove my new camera, and can't seem to be without the computer for long!

Favorite Cologne: I gave it up when I had kids.

Gold or Silver: I don't where much jewelery but either, I suppose.


(Nature Boy always finds wildlife... this little nest of new life was tucked under a lookout deck)


Handbag I carry most often: I have many purses and many handmade purses/bags/backpacks. I change them often to suit my mood and needs.


(a day just isn't complete for Nature Boy unless it includes frogs!)


Insomnia: Must be hormonal in nature because it happens typically when I am pregnant (glad that won't be a reason any more) and when I am expecting my 'monthly bill'.

Job Title: Multitasking mother/wife/landlord/volunteer

Kids: Two daughters 14 and 9 (although sometimes I think she thinks she is 19) and a son 11.

Living Arrangements: I live with my family in a 35+ year old ranch-style house in a neighborhood with lots of nice trees.
Most Admirable Trait: I talk a lot.... is that admirable? How about sense of humor?

Overnight hospital stays: Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy when I was 9 and for the birth of each of my children.

Phobias: Open heights.

Quote: Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength (took me a while to realize this as I come from a loooong line of worry-ers).

And I like this one that I saw this one on Rose's blog..."You have the chance to get what you want if you go out and work for it, and you must really work, and not just talk about it." Georgia O'Keefe.

Reason to smile: I love to smile for lots of reasons!!!

(this flower makes me smile!)

Siblings: One of each- I am the oldest. Good friends with my sister but unfortunately have not had much contact with my brother in over 2 years.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Not many - but I used to be able to put an entire mango pit into my mouth!

(okay... so I didn't see this in the park but this is a hint from my giveaway!)

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Well, I am a vegetarian (10 years) and I can't think of one.

Worst Habit: I am a 'piler' and procrastinate with tasks that I don't adore.

X-rays: Each knee for accidents that resulted in torn ligaments (4th grade, 10th grade) and the dreaded mammogram.
(one more hint today!!!)

Yummy Stuff: I love the summer when there are so many fruits available - my faves are cherries, blueberries. Love ice cream all year round! also a fan of bread.


Zoo Animal I Like Most: Gosh, I am not sure. I enjoy watching the monkeys and birds.


Gotta run!!! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. I bet that took a long time, but I did enjoy reading it. I had that Canadian accent too. When I moved to North Carolina I got teased all the time. Now I've blended it with a southern drawl and I've got nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Stuff but what is a 'Plier'?
    I can't wait to see the reveal on your giveaway! Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun post! I love these memes : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live the little peeks at your quilts! Nice pictures too! Memes are fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative Meme, I definitely enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i enjoyed reading about you today! and i love that frog photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this meme.....a nice 'get to know you' post! Oh, and the quote about worrying? I posted it front and center on my computer at work :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this one was a goody...great pictures, great quotes, great peeks....I love Canadian accents, ohhhh and NY ones too. I have a sister in law from Jersey and I love to hear her when she talks fast, because she just can't hide it! EXCITED about the big REVEAL!

    ReplyDelete