Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thanks to the blogging world!!!!

I have been tagged by Kellie ... so here it goes.....

1. Why did you start your blog?

Some time last fall, I caught the blog bug and found myself reading blogs for an hour or two. Mostly quilting and crafting blogs. Around the same time, I began trying to get my life going in a new direction. I started blogging to help me focus on that but then somehow it evolved to just journaling my crafting and my life.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, interesting question. When I first started signing up for various internet groups, many moons ago, I had to come up with a user name. I found that Lisa was an exceptionally common name for ladies in my age range (no surprise! In fact, if you check out the most popular names for the 1960s at the Social Security Administration website- even though I was born in Canada- Lisa is ranked #1.... couldn't my parents have come up with something a little more original!? BTW, my given middle name, Sharon (double ugh) was ranked #23!).




Anyway, I digress... So for a bit I used 'anotherLisa' but since I live in an area of NY state which is referred to as 'upstate', I started using the user name, "upstatelisa" and it stuck!

3. Do your friends & family know about your blog & what do they think?

Yes. My sister (hi Barb!) says that she reads it daily (we don't live in the same city or country for that matter, so I guess it is one way for her to know what I am doing). My SIL reads it, as does my MIL. My parents only read it when I tell them too. (I might not tell them about today's post since I am telling them that my name is terribly unoriginal ). My hubby checks it fairly regularly as well. My local quilting friends, Janey, and no blog Deb and Laura read my blog too. Hi Ladies!!!

4. How do you write posts?

I either have a project to share, a story to tell or I just feel like blabbing (I like to blab.. just ask hubby).

5. Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments?

Nope. Not sure what a troll is but my blog comments are kind. Thanks to all of you!!!

6. Do you check your stats or care how many people read your blog. If you care how do you increase traffic.

I set up sitemeter which emails me stats every day. I think it is fun to know that fellow bloggers are checking out your blog and stuff. I would love to be able to come up with something original to share, for all the world to see - but to date, I haven't found it yet. Do you have any ideas??? I did have a tutorial mentioned on Sew Mama Sew recently and that was pretty darn exciting!!!

I do have to say that the world of blogging has opened up a whole new side of being creative- it has let me just try new things, and I have met a lot of cool people from all over the world!!!!






So, now I guess it is my turn to tag a couple of blog friends... well, Janey (who is more than just a blogging friend!), Stacy a recent blogging friend and recipient of my very first ever giveaway, and Sarah who is a great source of inspiration and opened up the world of Flickr for me!!!!Thanks to all of you!!!! and especially Kellie for tagging me!!

6 comments:

  1. Man you are quick!!!!!! Those pictures just take my breath away! Did you make the first quilt? Wow! ... the word verification is even out to get me tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post this morning. I love all the pictures you used. I was especially interested in the fabric bowls, did you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just wanted to say Hi from one Lisa to another. As Kellie says-that was quick!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last quilt is stunning! Loved the explanation of your blog name too. Lisa was the name of my best friend in primary school, 1971 baby she was.

    ReplyDelete