Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Testing... testing... 1-2-3... testing...

Well, as I mentioned, I was in the market for a new camera. So... today, I went out and got one! A Canon A590 IS. Compact (lighweight!), great sized view finder and many options for photo taking that I have yet to figure out.

Now comes the tough part!!!! Testing it out!

I took a few photos this morning after scanning the instruction guide.

Outdoors.... spring is blooming!
Gotta work on close up focus...And inside, my selvedge collection. Jodie and Hope have both used their to create great quilts. Mine is hanging on the handle of one of my french doors.

And my dormant room.... it is sort of cleaned up!


I am having some initial problems figuring out where these downloaded photos go. I have HP albums from our printer, I have Picasa albums that I started when I began blogging and now I have these Canon albums that I don't know what to do with. Help!!!!!!
It will take time. But be patient with me!

7 comments:

  1. My camera is a Canon and I LOVE it! Not a nice new model like yours though - mine is a couple of years old but I have had a great time with it. I know there's a ton of things I could do with it but don't. I should dig out the manual and become a learned woman!

    And the selvedge quilt - what a good idea. I'm going to start saving mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so jealous of all that selvedge! I am mid project now on a new selvedge one - that quilt will be years away at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! a new camera!

    i love your yellow room, what a great space. And i've been thinking of selvedge lately, and i'm mourning all the selvedge that i have thrown away in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool quilt idea... I too, have a canon, they have a cool little Macro button (it looks like a flower) and you can take some REALLY great close shots with that. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting to have a new toy! good luck playing with it. geez i love your selvedge pile!! so do you cut it off right away??

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i covet your selvedge too. i am saving for a new camera, so i will be watching to see how you like your new baby

    ReplyDelete