Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's My Party, and I'll Cry If I Want To...

But I don't really have any reason to cry.

When you have had as many birthdays as me, I know it is supposed to be a special day, as I know the birthdays of each of my children is a special day, but it feels just like any other day, really. My parents call, my aunt/uncle call, my sister calls....

I get asked what I want to do on my birthday. Relax, I guess. This year, it falls on a restful day, Sunday.

I think I might surprise people if I told them that I really just want to...... sleep in (but it seems biologically impossible in me!), wake up to an impeccably clean house (humanly impossible! I live with three kids and a hubby who isn't big on spic and span!), have a massage and pedicure (aaaah!), and come home to dinner in my impeccably clean kitchen (unless I want Kraft Dinner probably not going to happen either and as we speak, my son - bless his heart- is making me a cake but there is a sinkful of dishes still).


Instead, I woke up around 6:00 AM (see! I told you that I rise early!), made myself some tea (I just cut out coffee last week) and did some work on the computer (I do some typing for dh).

I went to the gym where I ran 4.32 miles on the treadmill in 46 minutes (hint). I am building up and starting to play with the incline slightly (0.5-1%). This, in spite of my very low back pain this past week - I am getting older you know - which dh thinks is related to discs S1 and S2 (UGH). But I feel stronger and in better physical shape than I have been in, at least, the last 15 years - maybe more.

I did spend a fun Friday evening and Saturday with my oldest and her girlfriend in Massachusetts. We were there for their last cheerleading competition of the season. I have some thought on that and on my 14 1/2 year old daughter that I will share in another post.
So tomorrow, the party will be over, I will be older and life will go on!

Hope you all have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!! I hope you had a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lisa! Here's to a fabulous road to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! I've enjoyed getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I've been enjoying your blog. (And I feel like we're almost neighbors, I'm in Ulster County NY)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dam it I had intended to remember your birthday ... sorry ... my intentions were good, but then my ageing memory took over! Great looking cake! I hope you had a lovey birthday Lisa!
    Yay tricked dam blogger into not deleting my message again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated happy birthday Lisa, you don't sound old? 29ish? I'd love to wake up after a huge sleep in to an imaculant house too for my birthday, next month, but I have BUCKLEY"s chance of that! LOL Oh well, we can wish hey?

    ReplyDelete