Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow and Ice in the Neighborhood

So.... I shuffled down the hallway from the bedrooms around 5 AM today and my son whispered out to me that school was closed. How did he know? He had just checked the t.v. Well, our superintendent doesn't have a reputation for quick decisions with regards to school closings but sure enough... a "snow" and ice day today.

Kids were home and it was plain ol' miserable outside. My son and I shovelled the drive around 8 AM. Heavy, wet snow (only about 3 inches) with a crust of ice is not easy to move but we did it.

After a couple of hours of work, I holed myself up in my sewing room.

Remember this wonky house that I made the other day?


Well, I am addicted!!! I made another....




and another..
and another....


and so on....


and so on.... (kind of like that old VO5 commercial... remember that one? Probably dating myself!)
I couldn't stop!!!

They just kept coming!
Soon I had a little neighborhood!Won't be long before I have the burbs!!!


Tonight, I can hear the ice weighting on the trees and the cracks of limbs falling to the ground. Could be messy in the neighborhood by morning! (nothing compared to the sewing room right now!)






12 comments:

  1. How CUTE!!!!! Where did you find the ?directions? I LOVE houses and those are adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I absolutely LOVE these houses! You do indeed have a neighborhood! And a cherry one at that! I want to come visit this neighborhood and hang out. I think some interesting people live there :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my, the houses are fabulous! I love anything with a house on it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute. I'm jealous since I didn't get into my sewing room today. I can't wait to see how big your neighborhood gets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your houses are just darling. I can't wait to see the burbs. I hope your weather warms up and the ice goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! I wouldn't mind living in that neighbourhood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wonky houses more and more every time I see them! I am a Sloanie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I TOTALLY LOVE THOSE HOUSES! They are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wheeee, very fun. love the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute job! I especially love the bright blue one. You're so colorful and creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! So colorful and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want a wonky city! They are so fun!! You have great taste in fabric!

    ReplyDelete