Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Generally, a lazy day

It has, generally, been a lazy day. The air outside is cold and windy. The ground is icy. Not ideal for outdoor play on this loooong winter break! My little one had a low grade fever again this a.m. UGH. I couldn't really think of anything exciting to blog about today (especially since my winning streak didn't continue and some other well deserving person, "ladydi" won Dorky Homemade's Happy Hula Giveaway) so I thought I would take a day off.

But this afternoon, my 11 year old son (who has not yet received his share of blog time) announced to me that he had something to show me. I had stopped at Joann's earlier today and bought him some Fimo clay to use to ease his boredom. He loves creating small stuff and often can be found with a hunk of Fimo.

His biggest piece .....

ain't it cute??? it isn't very big at all. Nothing like eggs cooked over an open fire. He loves camping!!!

And there isn't a boy that doesn't love a dinosaur!
Unfortunately, Frosty didn't photograph well but this minute sample won't be melting anytime soon.
This guy has a good vantage point atop the pencil.
So there it is! His masterpieces.
I showed this book on an earlier post. I plan to make one of the felted bags from it. I figured that I would start getting it going so when I have my next looong sit at a cheer competition, I will be ready to knit.
That is, if I don't finish it first. Once you get going on an easy knitting project like this (or any project, for that matter!), it is hard to put down!!!!
But hey, it is generally a lazy day and there's nothing like sitting on your butt, working away at some project (even if you finish it ahead of schedule).
Have a lazy day!


6 comments:

  1. I love those felted bags but I can't knit!!!! Small problem. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are very artistic! My favourite fimo is definitely the camp fire - really clever!! I love the work from your first drawing class, that's fantastic! Looking forward to seeing the dirty dishes! And lucky you winning one of Jodie's prizes - she's really generous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for popping by my blog! I never know who's reading so its a pleasant surprise when readers/commenters out themselves. I've just been reading around your blog and I love, love, love your patched houses. I think you've just inspired me to open that japanese house craft book, which I also have, just for something to fiddle around. A lot of crafters out there with ADHD, I think! LOL! And agree with Louise, you're kids are very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son's Fimo creations are fantastic! Love those houses you've been working on as well -- such fun. I think you've got a really nice suburb going there. As for teh felting -- oh, I wanna try it...so don't have the time, but I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fimo pieces are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dinosaur! LOL He is so cool and yep, any little boy would love it and I am sure some big boys too. Nice blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete