Friday, February 1, 2008

The Calm (?) Before the Storm

This is the sunrise this morning, around 7:00 AM. Pretty, huh? Calm skies....
Well, this morning, instead of heading to the gym, I threw on some clothes and headed out to do my grocery shopping. We didn't have much in the way of food for breakfast or lunch. As I was unloading my groceries onto the belt, the woman in front (see? I am not the only crazy one out shopping early!) of me says that the nearby school district is closed. CLOSED??!! But it isn't snowing -- yet. True, they are forecasting a 'wintry mix' type storm starting around 9:00 AM. So, I called the kids who were up and getting ready for school to check the t.v. Sure enough, school is closed!!!!

My son was whining that he couldn't sleep so he was up earlier than usual (and he is my early riser!) and then he was hungry so he had oatmeal and didn't wait for me to return with groceries and his favorite cereal. Now... what to do? School is closed! He will be telling me that he is bored by 8:30 AM.

It is 7:45 AM now and there is still no precipitation. My oldest daughter went back to bed. And my two younger ones have all ready had their first fight!!! Might be a long day!

I am finishing up my coasters for Ibby Bee Quilts coaster swap. I decided to make the backs of the coasters interesting too. These are the backs...

The skies are starting to darken. The house is calm for the moment. The sewing machine awaits....

1 comment:

  1. Love those coasters! Hope you were able to get a few things done today even with the kids hanging out!

    ReplyDelete