Thursday, January 3, 2008

A brrr-ific day!

Wow! I woke up to go to my early bodypump class at the gym knowing that it would be cold today. In the garage, the thermometer on the car said "27 degrees" (farenheit) when the car finally started. Not bad. But as I left the warmth (?) of the garage and headed up the hill, I watched the temperature outside drop until it was 1 degree when I reached my destination. Yikes!

After the kids left for school (one missed the bus this morning, one forgot her shoes at home), hubby who had the day off of work and I headed out to do some cross country skiing on our brand new skis. I kept hemming and hawing about how many layers to wear but settled on some standard issue LLBean long underwear, a turtleneck, sweatshirt and windbreaker, hat on my head, and hubby's mountaineering mittens. After an hour of skiing, I was sweating!!! It was great fun and great exercise!!! And so I told hubby that we should do this every Thursday.

We stopped at Panera for some apres ski lunch, quiet, uninterrupted conversation and then, headed home. This was the temperature on our gracious outdoor thermometer (ie. posts warmer temps than is the true picture, per hubby) at about noon.
At 4:00 p.m., this was what my car thermometer was showing......
Haven't gotten much sewing done but will visit with Bernice, my Bernina, after dinner (homemade white bean soup and a blueberry cake courtesy of Megan).

2 comments:

  1. That is some cold, cold, frigid weather you have there. Did you say cross country skiing?? WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Thursday. We all need days alone with Hubby once in awhile. Let me know if you want to ski one morning.My lazy butt needs to do something.

    ReplyDelete