Monday, December 31, 2007

Snow Glow

That is my new term for that phenomenon whereby I am walking down the hallway in the wee hours of the morning (4:30 a.m. - so I can have coffee before 5:30 a.m. class at the gym) and I see an eerie lightness outside, through my son's window (he never closes the blinds). And, in the winter, that usually means that it is snowing. I was so not expecting snow. So I peeked outside and it is falling down at a good clip and there is a good bit on the ground.
I turned on the computer and there was a 'heavy snow warning' in my email mailbox (now they tell me!). The weather man on the news says 6-12".

I did manage to get to the gym for body pump class but as I worked my triceps and biceps, I kept thinking about the heavy snow I had to shovel when I got home and whether I would get stuck in the parking lot on the way out.

Bet you didn't know that Omnigrid rulers had another function.

Yup, that is 6 inches at about 7 a.m. It took us (my 14 yo daughter, 11 year old son, and I) about 45 minutes to shovel out our drive. And just as we threw the last bits of snow on our ever growing pile, my 8 year old appeared (she'll get some indoor chores today).


It does look pretty.

So now that my job is done outdoors (at least for now- we are due to receive another 6 inches beginning tomorrow afternoon), I can hit the sewing room. Tonight, my youngest daughter is skating in a 'first night' exhibition but we have no plans to party all night long.

Happy New Year all!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. wow that is a lot of snow!
    it is sooo hot here in Australia, thanks for the cool down picture!
    justine

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading my blog! Wow! I am flattered that you read it! I like reading your blog! We are currently having our second 'storm' with a forecast of 6-10 inches.

    ReplyDelete