Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pigs and Pizza in Quiltland...

My kids love guinea pigs.

This is Mini...


This is Phyllis and her new babies...


Once upon a time we had 12 guinea pigs!!!

Meet Olive...

 (she is our one and only now)


Olive is really sweet...



This is Olive and her late friend (and cage-mate) Tinkerbelle...


When Tinkerbelle was a wee one, 
she liked to hide under Olive for warmth and love...

Olive still tolerated Tinkerbelle under her belly
 when Tinkerbelle had clearly outgrown that exercise...



These days, Nature Boy likes to bring Olive to the kitchen table while we do our school work...


Olive is a little suspicious of world history text books...



and I don't blame her!

This photo of Olive was so cute...  


that I thought I would try to capture Olive in fabric scraps
for the Quilt Alliance challenge...


Luckily, I seem to have a few fabric scraps...



okay, maybe more than a few...


So

I kept fusing scraps and fusing scraps ....



until I had fused enough...




and after I laid down a piece of tulle and many hundreds of yards of thread

here is 
Olive. Olive You 



with a sleeve and label...


and what better way to ship off my quilt to its destination...



than in a pizza box!!!




I believe you will be able to see Olive. Olive You 
at Quilters Take Manhattan this September
(and you will be able to see me there too! ... if you want)
and then she will be auctioned off to support Quilt Alliance

No comments:

Post a Comment