Friday, March 20, 2015

hope SPRINGs eternal

Tonight at 6:45 PM, spring begins officially...
REALLY?!!!

Okay...
the temperatures are beginning to climb. 

Ever. So.  


Slowly. 

The snow...


yes, that dirty, nasty stuff is supposedly snow...


and the ice is melting...


somewhere...


But
it is not exactly spring like!!!

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: 
when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

Yeah, something like that. 

Inside, I am returning to normal time
though I would much prefer to be on Hawaii time...



and I have started yet another new project
just because I can't possibly have enough at one time!

Either that, or I am avoiding completing the myriad of other projects,
some with deadlines!

Even though I am no longer in Hawaii, 
I am trying to create some memories with what I have from my vacation,
like this lei
from our Luau...


It may shrivel up before I do. 

So I've taken up the sport of flower pounding!

I took apart the lei,
carefully placing the flowers on a piece of prepared fabric
(washed in a bit of Synthrapol, soaked in soda ash overnight and air dried).

On one of the pieces of fabric, I laid the flowers on their sides
like they would look strung together on a lei..


on the other piece, I opened the flower up placing the petals flat 
as it might look opened up..

(no photo so you will have to use your vast imagination)

Then, I carefully taped the petals etc down with masking tape
onto the fabric..


I flipped the fabric over onto a flat surface
and pounded away...


You may want to warn your family in advance about the noise!
Just sayin'. 

Though there doesn't seem to be much difference,
this is the piece with the flowers laid on their side..


and this piece had the flowers opened up...


so... now what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment