Monday, March 30, 2015

Aaaah... the life of a jet-setter!

Yes, I like to travel!


I enjoy getting away and exploring new territory!

Texas..


France...


Israel...


Hawaii...


Vegas...


to name a few places...

BECAUSE...

I always learn something new....





I can eat foods I can't find at home 
(which is not saying much... 
food selection for a vegan is not great in an area surrounded by dairy farms!)






I can be inspired by the surroundings.



 (okay, I haven't climbed Mt Rainier ... hubby did)






Sometime, I even bring home a souvenir (or two.)






And if I am really lucky, I can forget about winter!



So this weekend,
I headed to Manhattan...
not too far away (about 3 1/2 hrs)
 but in some ways, it feels like worlds away.

My original intent for the trip was to see the Empire Quilters'
"Urban Inspirations" quilt show at FIT
but I took along my youngest, Sugarbaby,
and we hung with our good friends at their apartment in Chelsea.

Of course....

I was inspired by the surroundings...


NYC architecture makes my heart sing....









I  learned something new....

(who knew?)

Actually, I went to the panel discussion on collecting quilts
moderated by Paula Nadlestern


which included Amelia Peck (The Metropolitan Museum),
Elizabeth Warren (American Folk Art Museum),
and Roderick Kiracofe (collector, dealer and author).

I thought it was very interesting
but some did not...


I ate foods that I thoroughly enjoyed....


dairy free!


meat free!


It is a vegan paradise!!!!!

Too bad they don't deliver upstate...



Of course, the show!

Lots of wonderful quilts....







































My favorite was "We Are All Too Round" by Roz Manor



Her humor is wonderful!


as is her hand work...


her embellishments...


her layout...













made me smile!!!!


and yes, I even came home with a few souvenirs...


(I have to say that Judy Gula's booth Artistic Artifacts was my fave).

Of course,
eventually I have to return home...

There is always laundry to wash.

There is homeschooling to do...

(Actually, I  Nature Boy graduates in June!)

and yes, winter to return to...


even if it is March 30th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment