Sunday, August 5, 2012

When it's hot and muggy outside....

it's also hot and muggy inside!!!

Yep, here in upstate NY, we are wilting under the heat and humidity of summer 
and we are an air-conditioning-less house (with the exception of small units in our bedrooms).

My studio is unbearable with the lights on so any work that I do, is done early in the day and is currently under a veil of secrecy pending a reveal over at Tangled Textiles on August 15


sneak peek of Tangled Textiles project

and my other project for a fiber art group is still under construction...and deconstruction....

Ack!!!


So I have been sitting in our family room, under the ceiling fan,
watching trashy shows on tv or DVD movies
and working on my summer journal...

working in my summer journal
 (it was a really, really hot week to be moving....
down from a third floor studio to the other end of the same block
and up two floors ... above Domino's)

Louise Hay gave me some food for thought....


August affirmation from Louise Hay

 And I found something else to think about in this heat....

watercolor sketch
 (or at least think about it while I sketch and paint)

and when I got tired of journaling, 
I moved on to the couch last night to make some more hexies while we watched an old movie...

making hexies while watching a movie

or at least part of the movie.... 

and it just went Poof!
back to journaling
and
a hot, muggy, air-conditioningless and tv-less inside!

Sigh!!!

7 comments:

  1. I remember the days of not having A/C and I never want to go back there. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hot and muggy here...we've always had AC! Hope it cools off soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heat, schmeat,...you still manage to create and I love your journaling. Your lettering is really coming along. I can't wait to see what you do in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific journal! Hope it's cooling off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly accommodating post. This is my first time I visit here. I found such countless interesting stuff in your blog especially its trade. Really its phenomenal article. Keep it up. sleep meditation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much mental and physical health

    ReplyDelete
  7. Succeed! It could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort very well. Thanks for the huge help methodology thesis

    ReplyDelete