Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In need of an intervention....

I have had the most wonderful summer so far!!! 

I mean.....

 who could complain?!!!! 


Two weeks in NYC.....

 Stunning architecture in NYC 
loved...

from the Staten Island ferry

every minute!!!!

NYC, Staten Island Ferry past Statue of Liberty



A long weekend at Vermont Quilt Festival....

 Early morning ride in VT

 with a wonderful class (no less!)
 I marbled!!!!

and even a visit to my hometown....

My visit home
(okay... that had its moments.... lol!)

And

I have been doing some "arting"...
Summer journaling


but right now...

I feel like I am stuck in the mud!!!

My other blog which should have a new ATC every day....

NADA!!!!!

I started a quilt for our latest challenge (due August 27)
with a local fiber art group....

NOT MUCH!!!!


Ack!!!Ack!!!
and I am doing more unquilting than anything!!!


And there is the challenge (due August 15, I might add!) for Tangled Textiles...

ZILCH!!!!
I have had plenty of inspiration (maybe too much!)
but I haven't even started!!! 


I have almost finished projects that need to be finished!
Some clothes sewing...
(the one on the left needs a finished ruffle, the one on the right was a mock up which I don't think I will attempt again but good practice working with a slippery knit!) 

COLLECTING DUST!!!! 

and 
I have a studio that could use some (ha! some!) tidying up...
Overload? Overwhelm? Overdue (for tidying?!)

BARELY TOUCHED!!!! 

I have hit the proverbial wall!!
help!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's time for you just take a nice long run - think you can make it a relaxing run??? and not worry about any of this. Then start by sorting through your studio - nothing gets me thinking creatively like trying to cleanup my studio, and getting distracted by everything I'm trying to put a way. Before you know it, those creative juices will be flowing, fabric will be flying and you'll wonder what the problem was :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Janet is on the right track- so I'll second her advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, don’t forgot to take a breath!
    I think Janet has a good point though sorting through by sewing space never really helps me to focuss on a challenge...
    I have too many ideas and didn’t get started other than in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My studio looks exactly the same way. I am going to clean it and then I will be motivated, works every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think there are two way you could approach this issue. #1 would be to invite someone over for a fun, artsy day. The idea of company coming would motivate you to straighten up or #2 would be to carve out 15 - 30 minutes and a day to just get one of those jobs that need done finished. Put on some music - I perfer Motorhead - and just get that ruffle sewn on! Once you get one thing done and realize you spend more time worrying about getting it done than it took to get the job done in the first place. Then move onto the next project that needs finished so you can again bask in the glorious feeling of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had an exciting month. I know all about unpicking. I am finishing a quilt for a friend and have unpicked the quilting twice - maybe third time lucky!

    ReplyDelete