Friday, August 20, 2010

Dear Bernie...


 my faithful Bernina sewing machine....

My Bernina

I know you have been wondering why you have sat dormant all week, collecting dust...

the sewing table this week...

Well, something dangerous happened this week...

the sewing room floor this week...

I scrounged around the house for some supplies...

my sewing room floor

settled myself on the sewing room floor 
(as there is absolutely NO room on the table!!)

art journaling supplies

and found....

Travel Lightly

myself...

Notebook

a new...

stamps, paint and layers

hobby!!!

Coffee Break

But have no fear....

I shall return soon!!!!
At home with my sewing utensils!
Your devoted companion....

7 comments:

  1. don't stay away too long...he'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs just one more hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do so much lisa, maybe bernie is secretly happy for a tiny holiday ! (but not too long of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog . . . photos of your sewing room make me feel so comfortably at home. And we both use Bernina's, when inspired to do so. And stuff is always happening to get in the way. Your humor is fun and I just enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read your interview on Fat Quarterly. It is such a small world. Even though I am 20 years older than you are, My grandmother started me sewing at age 13, I have come to love to quilt without patterns. And, after moving to Charlotte, NC from Miami, I really knew that we didnt need a dining room...so right next to my office and kitchen, in the supposed dining room is my beloved quilting room with doors that shut!!! Now get back to quilting:)

    ReplyDelete