Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Early Bird

Ben Franklin knew a thing or two when he said,

"Early to bed and early to rise,
makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

When people hear that I get up early
they pretty much think I am crazy!


I mean..
Why would anyone in their right mind get up at the ungodly hour of 4 AM?!


this is not the first time the alarm sounded

Well, let me tell you my 10 top reasons for getting up with the birds
(David Letterman eat your heart out!)....

 10.  It is really peaceful at that time of the day.

9. No kids demanding food, attention or money cuz they don't surface until much later.

8.  I can actually finish an entire cup of coffee.

7.  I can get my exercise done early in the day

Getting ready for bodypump at 5:30 AM!

6. Very few people can see me looking like this..

I can be scary early in the morning

5. I have time to tend to our garden...

our vegetable garden in the morning sun

4. I have time to get the chores done...

masses of laundry await...

3. I have time for baking/cooking....

vegan "buttermilk" loaf

2. I have time for landlording...

Apartment building


And the #1 reason that I get up early...

.  If everything is done early in the day...

it leaves me plenty of time for...

sewing!!!!

more hand quilting

New fabrics

Dresden blades waiting for background fabric

 and lounging around!!!

time for relaxing by the pool


At home with my sewing utensils!
But there is absolutely NO lounging around in the sewing room!

6 comments:

  1. Lisa, I give you credit for being an early riser. I am in that awful mode of staying up until all hours of the night and sleeping in until 8:30 or 9:00. It feels like half the day is over(until I realize that I will probably not be tired tonight and won't get to bed until 2:30!) When my vacation is over in September, I will have to painfully get back into the early to bed, 5:00 wake up by my husband routine again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that sounds great but I still don't want to get up that early. You left out it is the coolest part of the day. My husband gets up that early but he is under strict orders to do so quietly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK, Lisa. Even though I am retired (except for that sometimes annoying part-time medical typing job), I still wake up automatically at 5:30 or 6...and people think I am wacky, but....you listed a lot of the same reasons I would give......minus the exercise...which I SHOULD do but don't. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, but what time do you go to bed in the evening - and do you have a pre-bed yawning for 2 hours stage before that?

    Me, I go to bed early, I get up early, I wake up so I must have been asleep, but I'm still tired. Something not right with that equation :(

    4am is about 9am-12noon in the UK (depending on which zone you in)!

    Cheers,
    AJ
    PS I have that paris fabric too!
    PPS love your plates, fab colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waking up at 4 am lately - but not on purpose. I did get up the other day a 4:30 and I did get a lot of stuff done, but by 2 pm I was almost nodding off at work! What time do you do to bed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to be a morning person. I am really not a night person. I go to bed at 11 and get up at 6:30. I could probably skew that a bit but then I'd have to go to bed at 9 or earlier. And I have teenagers. So that doesn't work! Oh well. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete