Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Early Bird

Ben Franklin knew a thing or two when he said,

"Early to bed and early to rise,
makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

When people hear that I get up early
they pretty much think I am crazy!


I mean..
Why would anyone in their right mind get up at the ungodly hour of 4 AM?!


this is not the first time the alarm sounded

Well, let me tell you my 10 top reasons for getting up with the birds
(David Letterman eat your heart out!)....

 10.  It is really peaceful at that time of the day.

9. No kids demanding food, attention or money cuz they don't surface until much later.

8.  I can actually finish an entire cup of coffee.

7.  I can get my exercise done early in the day

Getting ready for bodypump at 5:30 AM!

6. Very few people can see me looking like this..

I can be scary early in the morning

5. I have time to tend to our garden...

our vegetable garden in the morning sun

4. I have time to get the chores done...

masses of laundry await...

3. I have time for baking/cooking....

vegan "buttermilk" loaf

2. I have time for landlording...

Apartment building


And the #1 reason that I get up early...

.  If everything is done early in the day...

it leaves me plenty of time for...

sewing!!!!

more hand quilting

New fabrics

Dresden blades waiting for background fabric

 and lounging around!!!

time for relaxing by the pool


At home with my sewing utensils!
But there is absolutely NO lounging around in the sewing room!