Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dizzy for Dresden Plates!


Now that I have been home more than 24 hours, I have spent some time in my sewing room!!!!
It felt really great to be back at my machine!!!!

I was busy cutting fabric using my Easy Dresden template....

template and dotty pieces for dresden plates

chain piecing like a mad woman....

I'm a chain piecing Madwoman

long strings....


chain piecing a whole bunch of dresden plates!

of polka dotted fabric....


chain piecing a whole bunch of dresden plates!

turning lots of pieces right side out and pressing....

dotty pieces for dresden plates

and working on block #5....

block 5

I worked on a couple other projects too (you can never have too many at one time!)
but you will have to wait to see those!!!




SPF 15/52, 4/9/10: Enjoying Back to reality and routine in the U household tomorrow..... groan!

7 comments:

  1. This is AWE.SOME. I love the polka dots!!!!

    I am actually working (slowly) on a wagon wheels quilt kind of similar to this. The wheels are very bright and all on black and white backgrounds. We must be channeling the same muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why are you turning the pieces? Are you making them differently than I"ve seen Dresden plates be made? (I love all your dotty fabrics!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics for the dresdens so bright and the spots are cute. I am new to blogging and enjoy reading your posts and hope I can become as good as you one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my first Dresden Plates last week, since then I have made a smaller template and will have another go at them , I do like your dots. and enjoyed your cacti photos if you wait long enough they all have flowers I have found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your dotty dresden! Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabrics; I, too had to do a double take as to why you are turning them, but then I realized that you had sewn the point, and it needed to be turned right side out. Such peer pressure to actually get around to making a Dresden plate quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog. Found you because you started following me on Twitter! Put you on my favorite blog list. Please visit me and enter our giveaway for free fabric! Cheery wave from Bev http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete