Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Is it Wednesday all ready?!


Ha! Actually, I am writing this on Tuesday afternoon so I am thinking into the future about.....

Workbook Wednesday


How did everybody do during this week #1???

I have done the exercises from the first chapter....

symmetry/asymmetry

and I have decided that

random

....really, I love randomness!!!!


outline sketch

My drawings are not beautiful but they help me to understand the various concepts outlined in the chapter...

sketches

Has anyone picked their theme yet????

I have narrowed mine down to two!

Houses are my fave but I was having fun drawing tulips which are popular around here in the spring...

tulips

What do you think?

I haven't made my first little quilt and I won't be near a sewing machine this coming week as the U family enjoys some time together  on spring break....

but it would be hard to go a week without some sewing (yikes! perish the thought!)

dresden plates ready for applique!

so in my spare (???) time, I have whipped up these dresden plates to applique!

Hope to hear from you all soon!


SPF #11, 3/12/10: Sitting in my 'haven'Happy sketching!!!

2 comments:

  1. "Whipped up" Dresden plates? In your SPARE time? O my goodness. A Dresden plate quilt is on my dream list of quilts to make. You make it look so quick and easy! But they are absolutely beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received my book today, so now I'm ready to play. I just skimmed through the first chapter to see what the first lesson was, but I'm going to sit down and read it all properly and do the sketching after dinner. My first thought when considering a theme was houses too, I seem to turn to them all the time, but maybe that's too easy and familiar, so I should go with something else? I'll give it some thought :-)

    Love the dresden plates!

    ReplyDelete