Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why wait??!!

Well, life has been busy and I haven't said a lot (well, at least not on the blog)...

my green scraps


but today, on Twitter, I was chatting with my quilty friend, Sarah about the upcoming year ...

sorting green scraps

 our goals, our plans....

sorting brown and pink scraps

I told her that I have no new projects planned except to continue to work on a few more UFO's (yes, believe it or not, I have more!!!!)

scraps all neat and tidy

 and am only committing to one group project (for now)...

Okay... this room is NOT getting any neater, is it?

I actually began downsizing throughout the year mostly out of necessity....

clean sewing room!

Still, I had a very productive year....

Some of my 2009 quilty creations

I added another student ....

Getting ready to start the day..

I added some buildings to my (our) growing landlording business...

buildings

I eliminated dairy, eggs, and chocolate from my vegetarian diet (and I feel great!) right after Thanksgiving to combat some ongoing ailments...

cranberry orange bread

and I stepped up my workouts in the past month or so and have been running 5 miles 3-4x/wk while taking Body Combat (1x/wk) and Body Pump (2x/wk)...

Running keeps me sane these days

So why wait for the calendar to say "January 1st"? It is never too early to make changes...

update on my tree quilt

Start today!

Have a great day, whatever you do!

Yup, that's me!

13 comments:

  1. I envy your committment to fitness!! And your wonderful fabric stash too. :)
    One of my goals is to lose 20 pounds by summer. Maybe I should adopt your fitness regime. Then again I'm not sure I could wake up at 4 am everyday! Eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your happy, feeling-good report right in the midst of battling what they thought might be pneumonia but discovered today is NOT. It's something viral, I guess, and I feel absolutely lousy.....sore rib cage from coughing violently, constant throat tickle from the post-nasal drip and cough, etc. It has left me with as much energy as a limp dishrag. SO...I am glad someone else is feeling so good and chipper!!! Keep up the great things you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that WAS a very productive year. Great idea to jump right in at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good advice! i'm thinking of going vegetarian...it should be too hard...chicken is about the only meat we eat...you are always productive...an inspiration to me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very busy and focused. I would love to downsize but not right now. I have been forced into being a landlord for my mother's property. It is not my area of expertise. Now I could do something with those Saxon math books you have. I love their approach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What on earth is there left to eat to give you your energy girl?? I ready hubby your workout/treadmill stats and he indicates you are traveling like a gazelle on that equipment. My 2010 promise is to hit that stash also. I couldn't go as far as promising myself to eliminate the UFO's but stash reduction is always good right? That is, unless is creates more UFO's. Hmmmmm.....
    Love the blog. 2009 was certainly productive for you and very liberating artistically as well!
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing before/after of your sewing room. You should be proud! I'm very inspired by what looks to be a color sorting of scraps. As my scrap collection grows, I will need to do the same.

    As for your exercising and dietary regime, all I can say is...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're an inspiration ! Have a great New Year in 2010!
    Lucyellen / Septemberbird

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa ~ just so you know, Dustin's my son and I just saw that my comments are under his name ! oops!
    :)
    lucyellen/ septemberbird

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know how you do it! What an inspiration. You certainly accomplished a great deal.
    Hope you have a Happy New Year.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good hear ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck in the New Year! Your workroom reminds me of mine.

    ReplyDelete