Monday, September 21, 2009

Jane-rally successful!

Well, the first (probably of many) Dear Jane-a-thon is over!!!!

What a weekend!!!!

I toiled at the sewing machine from sun up to sun down!!!

from atop Prospect Mtn

(well, not really... Mr. U took this photo this AM while hiking his fave mountain!) but I did work in my pajamas most of yesterday!

It was so stressful, I just about gouged out my skin!

it's fake!!!

(well... not really! Nature Boy is perfecting his wound-making skills for an upcoming film and possibly for Halloween!) and it wasn't all that stressful..... really (though I did do my share of ripping out)!

I did buy myself a new toy to enjoy in my sewing room....

my new toy for the sewing room!

... a dock for my IPhone with a clock radio. I listened to some wonderful podcasts (Craftsanity, CraftyPod, Sew Forth Now, Simple Arts and Grandma's Sewing Cabinet) while I sewed to keep me company... and I learned a lot too!

I twittered frequently with my Jane-a-thon companions, Sarah in Canada, Fanny in the USA and Holly (with the cutest puppy) in Australia... how great that I can hear from my quilting pals all over this earth in mere seconds!!!!

twitter bird

And I managed to complete 16 blocks!!!!

Dear Jane-a-thon Results! 16 blocks!!!

So... add 16 to the 22 blocks I have all ready..... then, take away that number from the 225 blocks total (ACK!) and........

I have a lot more Jane-a-thons in my future, don't you think???? OY!

Yup, that's me!

14 comments:

  1. Yeah! Great blocks. And you got quite a few done. Just concentrate on how many you got done, not how many you still need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to plow through! I really need to get an iPod dock for my sewing room. It would make things much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Lisa! You win the prize..except there isn't one. How about bragging rights instead? Thanks for Jane-ing along with me. We will have to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic blocks but I am taken in by that wound.....How do you make a wound???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you! Zooming through! Your blocks all look perfect too. You three ladies are very inspiring!

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to go! that wound is disgusting! LOL ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great-looking Jane blocks!!! I think your son is READY to make very realistic looking wounds for his film and for Halloween....the one you showed is totally GROSS!!! (It looks very real.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 16 blocks! You are on FIRE! These look great! How many to go??!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a major accomplishment and some serious sewing.
    Your son could work for Hollywood.
    It looks real.
    Looking forward to meeting you.
    Take care,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great weekend's work!! LOVE the grossness too! total talent...when's the bus for hollywood?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You continue to inspire me...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You continue to inspire me...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first thing I saw was that wound. I'm glads it's all fake. Congrats on getting those 16 blocks done. :o) They look soo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. jeez , he sure did good with that wound -- bleurgh
    well done on the blocks though :-)

    ReplyDelete