Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Those of you who have followed my blogging adventures for some time are familiar with my love of making houses collage of all kinds...doll quilt 5 done!!!
and looking at houses, old houses particularly!!!

So... of course, I had to take photos of old houses (and buildings) along the way through Lancaster County (and beyond)...
IMG_2645
The only problem being that I was seated in a bus...
IMG_2651
so the houses often passed faster than my camera could click...
IMG_2649
and there is a reflection on the window (even though I didn't use a flash).
IMG_2796
Oh well... no matter! Lots of great old stone and brick structures!!!
IMG_2799
Architectural styles are much different than here in upstate NY...
IMG_2808

IMG_2653
This building was so cool!!! It used to be an old hotel and now it is home to Ladyfingers Sewing Studio, a quilt shop owned by Gail Kessler....
Ladyfinger Sewing, Oley PA
and this building was in Intercourse...
IMG_2663
I love the porches on these homes, too!
IMG_2654
I feel a house quilt coming on!!!!!


My very own bus
Upstatelisa


P.S. Some of you asked about this quilt, "Guiding Stars", being raffled by our quilt guild, Quilt North. Firstly, the quilt is apparently a queen size quilt. The drawing is Sunday, October 18th at the Empire Quilt Fest which takes place October 17-18, 2009. Raffle tickets are available through me ($1 each or $5 for 6 and partial proceeds benefit local charities as well) or come see the show and pick up tickets then.

guild raffle quilt

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info about the quilt chances. I did have your address from when I won one of your giveaways, but I don't have it now. If you email it to me, I'd love to take some chances on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...just noticed that your quilt is being raffled the same weekend as MY quilt guild's quilt show...maybe that is a GOOD LUCK sign for me!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think the houses in and around Lancaster are nice, you should hop over to Bellefonte, PA and Williamsport, PA. Bellefonte has Victorian Painted Ladies while Williamsport has lovely mansions. Huntington, PA has lovely homes too. Oh, and Phillipsburg too. All these places are within an hour to hour and a half drive from State College, PA. Which in July has a wonderful arts festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love house quilts, house blocks, unique houses, houses of all kinds. And wow what a stash of goodness you bought. I'm very very partial to all things polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. from one house quilt lover to another, don't you always feel a house quilt coming on? i do : ) or maybe you're just succumbing to that feeling and are finally going to make another one. i feel atleast two house quilts coming on in the next few weeks! can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would love to buy some raffle tickets...that quilt is AMAZING!!

    Kritta22@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take a gazillion tickets or so!

    ReplyDelete