Thursday, March 26, 2009

Life on the run!

Don't worry!!!!! I am not in any trouble (at least, not yet!).

Lately, since Nature Boy and I began our homeschooling experience, time at my sewing machine has become limited to evenings and weekends mostly. But that hasn't stopped me from sewing!!! I now have a bag that I take with us, as we are 'on the run' quite a bit!

In my bag, I have my wee, coveted Longaberger basket that I bought from my pal, Blogless Laura (hi Laura!)and a couple of books ...
Last week, while Nature Boy kicked and punched his way through Tae Kwon Do, I embroidered...
and then I made it into a little zipper pouch when I had machine time...
This week, while he continues to punch, kick, as well as bowl, listen to a book on CD, and learn sign language,
I have been doing some hand applique...
and thanks again to Laura for helping me perfect my freezer paper applique!

I still have plenty of other projects on the go (and thanks to all of you for your comments on my color wheel... stay tuned for more!) as well as some still in my head.

Next weekend, my friends, Blogless Laura and Blogless Deb, and I are headed to Lancaster PA on a bus trip with 50 other ladies from our quilt guild to see the show and SHOP!!!!! I have my 'grocery list' started....



after that... I might be in on the run!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I"m glad you've managed to be flexible and continue to be productive in your sewing along with your new role as "teacher" of your son! have fun at that show. I've been to that one a couple of times with our guild. There are vendors on both sides of the highway and I think the ones on the OPPOSITE side of the highway (not on the side where the main quilt exhibit is) are better most years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to make good use of your time! The hand applique is lovely. Have fun next weekend! I will be in Boston with my 2 girls for our annual "mom / daughter weekend".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you are using that Jan Mullen fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i see applique delights in your pile there. love that book! and you've got yourself an iphone! very cool. i've got one too. that's why there are so many flickr comments from me. i flickr on the bus, and just about everywhere. love the table runner. when are you making a trip north??

    ReplyDelete
  5. The applique looks beautiful!!! I thing your hand sewing must be as fast as your machine at that rate! Enjoy your trip! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great applique, my boys do a bit of signing too, there is a programme that we watch which is aimed at kids called " Something Special " .. Milo likes to make up his up own signs too !!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm the lucky one who got the embroidery pouch! Thanks so much, I loved the scraps!

    ReplyDelete