Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Wonkiness or Mosaic Madness.... take your pick!!!

Seeing the sky at dawn.... and the trees....


this morning at around 7:40 AM (bus time)...
inspired this bit of wonkiness..


It isn't very big but it is eventually destined to the Priority Quilt Auction as part of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. I heard about it from Tonya and I said, "sure, why not?" I decided to come up with something a little different, and wonky, as always!


Then, after consulting with Sarah, my flickr aficionado, I can now add photos from my flickr album!!!! And so, I tried making some mosaics, my first ever, which I could post today!


These are some of my scrappy log cabins for the challenge...

My creation

Kinda looks like a finished quilt! I have actually made 42 blocks so far but I could only download 35 to the mosaic. I plan to make many more but not sure how many!

And here is another little mosaic of a burning bush at the bus stop, on our neighbor's lawn. I take my camera with me most mornings and have been tracking its progress.



Burning bush getting closer to burning!

I can hardly wait for when it turns bright red!

Luckily, I had my camera with me (my kids have gotten use to me whipping out my camera at the weirdest moments.. am I mad?!) to show you all that even Target has gotten into the owl craze!
Pajamas in the girls' department! Love 'em!!!!



Have a wonky, mad night!

10 comments:

  1. ooooh. No adult sizes on those owl pj's? Keep those creative juices flowing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your scrappy challenge blocks. i haven't been back to mine for a long while. how big are you making yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are so pretty! It is going to be a beautiful quilt :-)
    And those owls from Target look really really sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wonky trees. And the blocks are wonderful. So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worry too much what people think if I whipped out my camera everytime I see something that floats my boat. Lol. I like your little quilty you made. And those log cabins are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the log cabins. It will be a very cheery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since my last visit. I love your new banner.
    And this is a really fun post!
    I'm adding you to blogs that I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish those pajamas were fabric! Well I guess they are. I love the header. It is darling. And the blocks are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wonky trees!!

    The scrappy cabin blocks look great. There are 35 in my stash...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow -- your trees are changing already! Ours haven't started quite yet -- I'm expecting it any day now though.

    LOVE your log cabin blocks. That's a quilt that's SO on my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete