Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Wonkiness or Mosaic Madness.... take your pick!!!

Seeing the sky at dawn.... and the trees....


this morning at around 7:40 AM (bus time)...
inspired this bit of wonkiness..


It isn't very big but it is eventually destined to the Priority Quilt Auction as part of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. I heard about it from Tonya and I said, "sure, why not?" I decided to come up with something a little different, and wonky, as always!


Then, after consulting with Sarah, my flickr aficionado, I can now add photos from my flickr album!!!! And so, I tried making some mosaics, my first ever, which I could post today!


These are some of my scrappy log cabins for the challenge...

My creation

Kinda looks like a finished quilt! I have actually made 42 blocks so far but I could only download 35 to the mosaic. I plan to make many more but not sure how many!

And here is another little mosaic of a burning bush at the bus stop, on our neighbor's lawn. I take my camera with me most mornings and have been tracking its progress.



Burning bush getting closer to burning!

I can hardly wait for when it turns bright red!

Luckily, I had my camera with me (my kids have gotten use to me whipping out my camera at the weirdest moments.. am I mad?!) to show you all that even Target has gotten into the owl craze!
Pajamas in the girls' department! Love 'em!!!!



Have a wonky, mad night!