Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now...

... the rain has gone.


Isn't this tree beautiful? It is on the boulevard just a couple of houses down from us.


I can see all obstacles in my way..


(the view from my sewing room).

I actually decided to get rid of the obstacles in my way and so...

..I vacuumed the sewing room floor and...

I CLEANED MY SEWING ROOM!!!!
My cutting table.. (you can actually see the surface!)


..you can actually sit on my chair...
the stash is put away....


my coveted blacks and whites...
..and polka dots...



Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind


(it finally started to clear after a dull, gray weekend)
It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sun-shiny day!
Some views of the trees beginning to bloom in the front of our house.





Hey! Remember what I said about seeing all obtacles in my way?!


Well, I kinda lied. Yup, I didn't see my finger while I was using the rotary cutter.


Blood was spurting everywhere! Hubby said that he could put a couple of stitches in but he would have to puncture the finger again, so I have like three bandaids on it right now. UGH.

(Don't worry! I have had other altercations with quilting machinery before... like the time I was multitasking and managed to quilt right through my finger!)

All I was trying to do was to figure out how to make slender stars a la Jan Mullen...


Maybe a little too wonky and not looking much like a star!

After I recovered, I tried again...

and again...
Gotta work on those!!!

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been praying for ...

Well... not really but it looks good.....

My son is a few days off but he made us a cake today.. (good thing I ran for 4.75 miles/50 minutes today on the treadmill!)

.. not sure about the '6' though. Will have to ask him. He has been interested in baking from scratch recently and they have been pretty tasty!!!

It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sun-shiny day!!!
Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Ouch Lisa! You sure cut yourself this time. Oh--maybe you can blame it on being dizzy from all that cleaning! Woo hoo! Doesn't that feel good! Love the tree blossoms! Your blog is always so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clean sewing room, hmmmm, I wonder what mine would look like clean? Beautiful trees...isn't spring fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a clean room and cake! a great day! I'm envious of your sewing room - a whole roome to yourself, yellow with white beadboard, and a big stash! lucky girl. Sorry about your finger. Are you working from a Jan Mullen book, and if you are, which one? those stars look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your sewing room and fabric collection!

    but I'm not jealous of your sewing implement injury. I am so scared of cutting myself with my rotary cutter...I hate using it because I'm afraid of something like this happening. I hope your finger heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Lisa! Slicing a finger with my rotary blade is my worse fear! Oww! Did you get blood on any fabric? Your fabric collection looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love flowering trees, apple cherry just lovely... puch, your poor finger

    ReplyDelete