Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Fat Quarter or Two

Hi everyone! I am back from a whirlwind trip to Lancaster Pennsylvania to see the Lancaster Quilt Show and to visit many quilt shops in the surrounding area.

Look here! My friends arranged for my own bus!!!! (Actually, I am not the only person or business bearing the name of our upstate region. There is some dispute about what exactly is considered 'upstate'. Many will argue that it is anything north of 'downstate' - north of NYC- but living in northeastern NY state seems to be the real upstate!)

So, I set off on my adventure with my friends, Deb and Laura.
We were on a mission to find....
And frabric we found!!!

We also found some fabric along the way!


Remember my list? I found a few of those items! and even managed to buy a fat quarter or two (okay! maybe three, maybe four!...maybe a half yard or two... a yard, several yards....)


Some aqua and red fabrics.....

my beloved polka dots...
some wide backing fabrics... (I might actually finish some UFOs)

some blue and yellow for a project I have in mind...
a variety of fabrics, not on my list, but tempting all the same...

check out this close up of the pink fabric....
I am thinking it would be a great addition to this Amy Bradley pattern I have in my collection!

My nephew wants a notebook cover and so I needed some less feminine reversible quilted fabric...

some Katie Jump Rope that begged to come home with me...
a very cute panel that will make a great baby book....

some wonderful stripes....
and some absolutely wonderful black and whites (some are even polka dotted!)...

some wonderful greens....
a bunch of batting to help me get those UFOs done...

a couple of books and some patterns....

a cute reversible handbag pattern and some handles that a gentleman was selling (it has his name on the pattern)...
some cute wee buttons that I like to buy from the same vendor each year...

and needles, pins, a pinking rotary wheel, and an open applique foot (all on my list!).
We drank, we ate, we walked, we shopped, we dozed! I took many photos of the show and will share some of those with you all over the next few days!!! I even managed to have the whole bus (40 other quilters) waiting for me while I had to run into to Target (stay tuned for that little embarressing tidbit!)

I didn't arrive in the door until late last night (11:30 PM) and you would not believe it... (remember now that I am an early riser)... I slept until 9:00 AM!!!! Deb and Laura won't be able to believe it!!! So, I have some catching up to do.

Glad to be back and I will have more later!!!!

10 comments:

  1. WOWZA! Reminds me of that rap song that goes "whacha gonna do with all that junk? All that junk that's in your trunk?"
    You better move some "junk" out of your trunk and make room, girl!
    Shopping with Lisa and Laura was like playing Survivor where you have to OUTWIT (to scope out the best bargain), OUTSHOP (2 1/2 days of 10 Amish quilt shops plus a HUGE quilt show so big, it's in 3 different locations); and OUTLAST (my feet hurt sooo bad)! I just couldn't keep up. I was like a deer in the headlights looking at all that "frabric". Lisa seemed to do okay though, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo you go girl!!! I am so insanely envious - it looked like you had a ton of fun! I really reallllly want your black and white collection, and the greens, and also the reds/aquas since I have a serious crush on that color combination right now!

    Did you leave any fabric for the other customers? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's about damn time, I've been waiting, and waiting to see what you bought. You must bring some with you next time we're together so I can see it in person. Glad you guys had fun and I'm REALLY going to try and go next year since the kiddies will all be in school for the whole day. Until than I'm sure we can find another show SOOOOMEWHHHERE to go to. After your funds recoup that is. Can't wait to see some more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoooooooon! Oh my, oh, my, oh, my...fabric to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa...what a great trip! I think you ladies would have run me ragged with all that fabric shopping. The fabric is lovely, you will have sooo much fun with it.
    Thank you again for wonderful package. We(Doug took possession immediately) adore those baskets and I cant wait to find a special project for the fabric.
    I can't wait to see and hear more about the trip. Get some rest! Love Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA!!!!!!!!!! You bought some fabric!!! Now that's my way of shopping!! And a bus for just you too. Nice trip!! Can't wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lisa. I found your blog today while doing an Internet search for the words polka dots. I am a huge fan of polka dots too -- in fact, I have a blog devoted solely to them! Check it out at http://www.onthedotcreations.typepad.com

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Looks like you got lots of inspiration and a few projects too. Can't wait to see what all you end up making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.

    ReplyDelete