Monday, February 11, 2008

I think I have Crafters' ADD!

Okay, folks! This could be serious! I am pretty sure that I have "Crafters' ADD" (as in attention deficit disorder). I seem to be flitting from project to project, thinking about the next project while still working on the first, collecting more projects and patterns! Is their a cure? Does anyone out there feel the same?!!!

My head was all ready spinning with ideas from my workshop with Debbie Caffrey on Friday and her inspirational lecture on Saturday.


But, I had taken this book out of the library, as I saw it recommended on Nicole's reading list, and wanted to make the clutch bag.

I had some Amy Butler's Nigella leftover from my flea market bag, so I tried the pattern.




I used a non-fusible fleece interfacing which I think is not quite stiff enough to my liking, but I like the shape of the bag.


Well, the machine hadn't even cooled off from the project and I was all ready thinking to my next ... OMG! I am in love! Well, I like York peppermint patties but that is not my latest love!
I was thumbing through this Australian magazine (one of 3 magazines that I acquired at our guild's library used magazine sale... 10 cents each)

when I discovered this cute quilt.


Remember how I said the other day how much I like houses in quilts?.... well, I love, love these wonky houses!!!!!!

So, I temporarily tossed the clutch bag aside and grabbed my scrap box and whipped me up a wonky house!
Ain't it cute??? Gotta make some more.
Of course, somehow between today and Thursday, I still want to make up some Valentine's Day goodies for my youngest's teacher and the two nurses who take such good care of her (and me too!).
I wonder what other projects I can do in between????!!!!!! Will the crafty madness ever stop?!:-)

Believe it or not, I haven't even done any crafting today. I have life to take care of. So, in between making some phone calls, doing paperwork, and checking e-mails, I made a double batch of gingerbread cookies for my family.
This is my mom's recipe:
Cream together: 3/4 cup margerine
1 cup sugar
Beat in 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
1/4 cup molassess
Add: 2 cups flour (I usually add about a 1/2 cup extra so the dough isn't so tacky)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
Form small balls and roll in a small bowl of sugar. Don't flatten the cookies!
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper on mine since they are getting old).
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before removing from sheet.
Enjoy!








5 comments:

  1. Wow, that house quilt is adorable. I picked up an Australian quilting magazine at Border's a while back and keep thinking I should go back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa, great blog today. Thanks for taking time away from your adrenaline surge to share. I too like things that seem unique and different from the norm. Cookies look yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl put down the coffee. Love the things you're working on and the cookies look sooo yummy. I think the weather is playing a part on the qadd. I too feel like I'm fliting from one thing to another and have about ten projects going in my head too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll aren't you?? I was getting tired just reading about it all. And that Peppermint heart patty looks soooo inviting!!! Throw me one will ya?? I love your wonky house and oh yea I've been jumping from project to project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    Great Houses! They are adorable! I usually buy the australian quilting mag's because they are so original and primitive in their patterns, which I love! Love you posts,
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete