Monday, February 11, 2008

I think I have Crafters' ADD!

Okay, folks! This could be serious! I am pretty sure that I have "Crafters' ADD" (as in attention deficit disorder). I seem to be flitting from project to project, thinking about the next project while still working on the first, collecting more projects and patterns! Is their a cure? Does anyone out there feel the same?!!!

My head was all ready spinning with ideas from my workshop with Debbie Caffrey on Friday and her inspirational lecture on Saturday.


But, I had taken this book out of the library, as I saw it recommended on Nicole's reading list, and wanted to make the clutch bag.

I had some Amy Butler's Nigella leftover from my flea market bag, so I tried the pattern.




I used a non-fusible fleece interfacing which I think is not quite stiff enough to my liking, but I like the shape of the bag.


Well, the machine hadn't even cooled off from the project and I was all ready thinking to my next ... OMG! I am in love! Well, I like York peppermint patties but that is not my latest love!
I was thumbing through this Australian magazine (one of 3 magazines that I acquired at our guild's library used magazine sale... 10 cents each)

when I discovered this cute quilt.


Remember how I said the other day how much I like houses in quilts?.... well, I love, love these wonky houses!!!!!!

So, I temporarily tossed the clutch bag aside and grabbed my scrap box and whipped me up a wonky house!
Ain't it cute??? Gotta make some more.
Of course, somehow between today and Thursday, I still want to make up some Valentine's Day goodies for my youngest's teacher and the two nurses who take such good care of her (and me too!).
I wonder what other projects I can do in between????!!!!!! Will the crafty madness ever stop?!:-)

Believe it or not, I haven't even done any crafting today. I have life to take care of. So, in between making some phone calls, doing paperwork, and checking e-mails, I made a double batch of gingerbread cookies for my family.
This is my mom's recipe:
Cream together: 3/4 cup margerine
1 cup sugar
Beat in 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
1/4 cup molassess
Add: 2 cups flour (I usually add about a 1/2 cup extra so the dough isn't so tacky)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
Form small balls and roll in a small bowl of sugar. Don't flatten the cookies!
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper on mine since they are getting old).
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before removing from sheet.
Enjoy!