Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Elvis has left the building...

.... and I am having fun!!!!!!! Elvis was delivered to the local JDRF office this morning. On Saturday night, my oldest daughter, my SIL, and I will be volunteering at the Gala.

Firstly, I told you that I am not a professional photographer, but this morning around 6:30 AM, the most beautiful sight of the full moon in the clear sky was seen. I tried to capture it but this does not do it justice.
Of course, now the sky is gray and snow flurries are falling.

Look what I found at our library yesterday!

This Elvis movie is probably similar to others (I haven't seen any before, or not that I recall). Lot of girls, flirting, singing. Not a heavy plot. Angela Lansbury is the southern belle mother of Elvis in the movie (it says that she was only 36 at the time but she looks older). She is a pretty funny character! Elvis has returned home to Hawaii (where his father runs a pineapple plantation) after two years in the army. He doesn't want to work for his dad so he becomes a tour guide. I watched this while I played with my fabric. But I wouldn't mind being in Hawaii right now. It is pretty darn cold here!

I borrowed this book from our quilt guild's library and I love it! Quilters Playtime by Dianne S. Hire.
There are a lot of opportunities to play with fabric when using this book. So I played. I made some small squares from her Tic-Tac-Toe pattern in the book.
These just may become coasters for the swap I am doing at Ibby Bee Quilts. Looking at my swap partner's blog, it is difficult to tell what she likes but it looks like she likes pink. I am more a brights person myself. I love black/white fabrics so these pinks are a little spiced up!!! Very fun block and very easy to make. Not sure how I might quilt them though. I have to try some more 'games' in her book soon!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so cool. Sounds like a fun swap. As usual I missed the deadline for sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tic tac toe board piece looks cool. What a fun book. I'm going to have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh what gorgeous colour combo on your "coasters"?? your swap partner is sure to luv em....
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete