Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Life in the Fast Lane!

Well, summer started early for Sugarbaby and I! 
In case you didn't follow my progression of ATCs on my other blog....

eye am in NYC
We have just returned from 2 (yes, that is TWO!!) weeks
in 
NEW YORK CITY!!!!
Sugarbaby was attending a Young Dancers Program with Joffrey Ballet School
and me...
well,
besides chaperoning dancers to and from the studio and around the city..

I.
HAD.
FUN.
LOTS OF IT!!!!!
An unlimited ride Metrocard takes you almost anywhere, as do my two legs!
I visited the MOMA....
My trip to the MOMA today
My trip to the MOMA today
 My trip to the MOMA today


I visited the Tenement Museum...
Tenement Museum, Lower East Side


We took in some well known sites...
 Lady Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry Freedom Tower 



We saw a ballet...
 Lincoln Center 
(Swan Lake by the Australian Ballet!)

I saw some stunning architecture...
 Doors of NYC 

 Stunning architecture in NYC

and yes... I may have done a bit of shopping too!

My visit to Purl Soho

Dick Blick...
 Heaven...art supplies at Dick Blick! 
The Ink Pad NYC
NYC
  even Forever 21...
 Forever 21 (huge!)
I am only home for a few days before I head out to VQF!!!
I know, I know...
Life in the Fast Lane!!!!
I've gotta run!
 Goblin Gallop, 10/29/11


--
Posted By upstateLisa to Upstatelisa at 6/26/2012 07:45:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. I know it is cliche but "I love NY"!
    Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks in NYC - how cool! You daughter must be quite the dancer and then to get to take in a ballet - wonderful! It gives me chills just thinking about it! I didn't know you had another blog - I will go check that out. I will be headed to the east coast in September (E. Rutherford for two - yes, two Springsteen concerts and to visit my brother who is touring with Bruce) so I hope I get a chance to get into the city and hit the garment district.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those architect collages, particularly those doors! Like those swirls and peacocks above too. Still catching up .... I see some dyeing .... lovely.

    ReplyDelete