Monday, January 12, 2009

Trying to keep a positive outlook!

The world of Healthcare is a very complicated monster here. All I want to get is some insulin for Sugarbaby and so my saga starts... Nah! I can't bore you with the frustrating details!

Suffice to say that I started the ordering process a week ago (new insurance, new mail order pharmacy) and someone on the other line didn't give me all the info I needed (like they won't call me for 4 business days if they don't hear from the doctor's office) and so... a week later, they still don't have the prescription from the doctor's office, which means the insulin hasn't even shipped and by the way, it takes 6 days for processing!!!! but they have my credit card number for the copay!

I will try to stay positive... I still have a nice local pharmacy for back up!

Yup, remember Sloppy!??? (aka Sugarbaby) She has struck again... with a vengeance!!!But look on the positive side.... she has her clean laundry NEATLY piled on top of her dresser!!!!!
And in spite of the fact that the mercury hasn't been above 25 degrees (farenheit) for a few days, I am still getting some exercise in...
6 mile run yesterday and 4.9 mile run today on the treadmill!Exercise can help me stay positive (even if my Ipod keeps freezing up)!!!!

And lastly, I recently joined Jacquie's Project Improv! This a real positive!!!

It has been a great kick in the rear to get me moving on a quilt that I am supposed to have ready by late next week (how about that for pressure?!) for a raffle at a gala hosted by our local chapter of JDRF to raise funds for research into a cure for diabetes!
The rotary cutter has been feverishly slicing, the fabric has been madly flying (everywhere! eat your heart out, Eleanor Burns!)

and the machine has been going full tilt this weekend!


I draped some batting over my french doors in the sewing room to use as a makeshift design wall.
And so we now have....

a strawberry daquiri which is in dire need of an appliqued strawberry hanging over the glass...
some ocean waves in process...
a Hawaiian house...
some flipflops....


to be embellished with beads...
a pineapple...
but not quite sure if I like this tiki.....
Thinking positive thoughts and sewing really, really fast!!!!!!
Positively....