Monday, March 16, 2009

Jam packed weekend...

Busy! Busy! Who said the weekend is for resting??!!!


Saturday morning was our local quilt guild meeting with special guests, Mary Hoover and Barbara Persing from 4th and 6th Designs.

It is always fun when designers talk about their process. It gets the creative juices flowing in my head!

These sisters also talked about the work involved in designing across state lines (Mary lives nearby) and Barb lives in PA...
and the process of writing a book together.

Cool stuff!

And of course, as I ran on the treadmill this morning with the music blasting in my ears...

this quilt, named Floreo (below), got me thinking about how I could use some of their techniques in a project I am working on for a foursome group.

But I will wait until my trip (in 17 days... but who's counting?!) with friends, Blogless Deb and Blogless Laura, to the Lancaster Quilt show (a la bus trip) before I can buy some batiks for this in-my-head idea.

This year, I will be bringing my own feminine hygiene supplies so as not to hold up the bus!!!!

Along with guild, Sugarbaby had two (count them... 2!!!) figure skating exhibitions this weekend...
She skated beautifully...

Of course, I didn't just sit and watch! I ran the raffle tables at one exhibition and played the music for the skaters for 1 1/2 hrs at the other exhibition.
I was pooped by the end of the weekend, and I didn't even skate!!!

In spite of the fact that some of my free time during the day has disappeared to make room for homeschooling,
I have managed to catch up on my hand applique blocks from Bunny Hill's free BOM, A Tisket A Tasket.

I don't often do hand work but it is quite relaxing and rewarding (let's just hope I feel the same way in December)!


And finally! Upstate NY is starting to show some signs of spring!!!! Still below freezing at night but hitting the 50's during the day!!!!
And with the melting, the U family always finds the odd item emerging from the depths of the melting snow...
(a scarf in the foreground, a sled in the middle, and who-knows-what beyond the tree!)
Speaking of spring... don't forget my first-day-of-spring giveaway!



6 comments:

  1. Sugarbaby looks like she is turning into quite the skater!!! NICE quilts you showed here. I'm sure the one cooking in your head will be great. HEY...if you need any new music for your iPod, our daughter just released a CD and while it's pop, a couple of the songs are really catchy and seem to be appealing to a lot of our "mature" aged friends! Let me know if you want to give any of them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was a good trunk show!
    On what day will you be in Lancaster. We are going up on Saturday. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and love your wonky log cabins.

    At least you are finding useful stuff in the snow. All we've found is garbage from the big wind storm right after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so beautifl and raceful skating around there! You must be so proud of her Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. weekends are definitely not for resting around here either. it's so great to see pics of sugarbaby skating. she looks beautiful...so graceful! lancaster is going to be so much fun...especially with no necessity stops! (i remember that post from last year!)

    ReplyDelete