Saturday, September 27, 2014

Be bold....

 According to Learners dictionary..
The expression to walk a fine line is often used to mean "to achieve or maintain a balance" or "to be very close to two different ideas or attitudes at the same time"


This guy looks like he is walking the overhead wires... that fine line!
but in reality, 
he was on my windshield 
(there are no laws for "no photographing while driving"!)
for about a 2 mile drive home!


that's persistence, boldness....
or just plain chutzpah!!!!

 I guess that is what life is all about...


 a delicate balancing act which takes a @#$ load of chutzpah!!!

So these days, I am trying to squeeze art into my busy day..


but then it tends to overtake my life....


or, at least, my ever-shrinking studio space....


I did want to tell you more about my trip to Manhattan 
and the mission of Quilt Alliance
shared by president, Meg Cox...


vice president, Mark Dunn who shared several of the quilts from his personal collection...


and many of the speakers of the day including....
Stacy Hollander of the Museum of Folk Art


who shared this wonderful piece from the museum...


Rod Kiracofe who shared a quilt from his collection...


Melanie Testa who shared one of the quilts that she has made...


and the following day, 
Beth and Liz from Lizzie Bee Creative
who were interviewed by Amy Henderson...


When you complete your art, your quilts...
make sure to include the story of your quilt!!!
Create a label that details the inspiration behind the quilt,
who made it, who it is for!!!
Heirlooms often find their way, years later,  into the hands of those 
who do not know the history of the piece...

If you have taken the time to create a beauty work of art,
have the chutzpah to include its story!!! :-)

4 comments:

  1. So nice that you got to attend the Quilt Alliance... It is important to document the stories. I wish I did a better job with my quilts. That little creature is definitely bold. I bet the he could not move even if he wanted to with the moving car. Great moment captured by you.. It really looked like he was doing a high wire act.
    Your studio space looks alive and kicking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here it is common to see the blimp, so I have take a picture of it while driving. I am not very good at multitasking while driving so I don't do it very often. It is a constant job keeping the studio cleaned up. I had company on Saturday and she came over to use my big table to pin baste a quilt. Guess who had to clean the table off first! Thanks for continuing to post about Quilters take Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that advice... I will try to have the "chutzpah to include its story" !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great time. Sometimes these seminars can be so inspiring. It seems like this was so for you!

    ReplyDelete