Thursday, October 9, 2008

Coming Clean!!!

Well, after yesterday's embarrassing admission, I am ready to come clean!!!

Some times, when I am in a particularly crazed mood, I just keep on going from project to project to project, but I am really capable of conducting business in a more orderly fashion!

So I put all my threads back on the table..

(I could really use a better way of storing threads! I do have a thread holder under these spools, but they are stacked 2-3 high and are spilling over onto my table!!! Ideas??)

And my zippers, Bejeweler, and gems are on a shelf...
All my scissors, pens, pencils, rippers, pokers, pullers, etc. are put away in a former crayon holder...
The patterns are stacked in a basket and plastic tub...
(storage ideas??)...


Odds and ends are stuck in teeny baskets...
Bobbins are placed (actually squeeeeezed) in the bobbin holder....
Buttons, pins, cording are placed in jam jars and stacked (although they don't stack well)....
The large pieces of interfacing, leftover batting, Heat N Bond Lite, and my binders (filled with ideas that I find from folks like you) are stacked under the cutting table....
My ribbons are in a basket but have runneth over....
(storage ideas??)

My magazines have all been put away....
and so have my books....
The floor has been vacuumed....
The cutting table has been cleared....
The fabrics have been stacked....
My knick knack shelves remain unscathed....
Even Sugarbaby (aka Sloppy) has a neatened area...
The sewing table has been cleared up....
(well, it looks a whole lot better than yesterday!!!)

And now, I have come clean....PHEW!!!!!!!!!! I feel much better!!!!

Now, let's get sewing!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Cut straws to length and slip them over the dowel rods on the thread rack. Now you can stack your threads on top of each other and they will stay put...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on such a tidy room! Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I think you and I organize very similarly. I have about 1,000 different containers for everything. I need to get to cleaning up my mess. I still have a ton of fabric to put away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!!Can't wait to see what you make to mess it all up again!!!I like the way you work:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt so much better once I had done the big clean/tidy job on my sewing room the other day....even my son remarked on how neat it was when he went in there to retrieve something of his that I had borrowed...! (now that makes a change!!) I walked in there last night to put away some patterns that had arrived in the post (can never have too many patterns!!) and it was so nice - everything was neat and tidy....but come tomorrow...Saturday all hell is going to break loose in there as I start stitching a couple of baby quilts....can't wait...!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i store my ribbons on wire hangers...i straighten them, keep the curve at the top so you can hang it, thread on the spools bend the bottom slightly so they don't fall off and hang them in the closet. works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, love the cutting table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You cleaned it all up! It looks great :-)

    Pattern storage tips:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/340229@N25/discuss/72157607092708299/

    ....go have a look. There are lots af great ideas :-)

    I sooooo want your cutting table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the poster about hangers as a way to organize your ribbons. You can also use a dowel rod system too. I have one of those fabric boxes that fit into my shelving for mine. I got mine at Target, but you could make one too.

    The dowels could be placed between hook on you wall. That way all you would need to do is pull off the amount that you needed for your project. You could also have them attached to a base so that they stood upright on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an excellent clean up session! I hear sewists all over the world rushing to their rooms and tidying them up. :D I am in LURVE with your cutting table!! OH GOLLY GEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos. Who's room is that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. good for you!
    I jsut did that in sept. it felt good to do it, now its a mess again...
    I use rubbermaid containers with lids for everything... fabrics, thread, patterns, so everything stacks...and one small cheap dresser that has three drawers, one for ribbons and trim, one for other sewing stuff that has no home, and one for interfacings, velcro etc...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can clean up my sewing room, it's just keeping it clean that's the problem. As soon as I start on projects (notice I didn't say project, as in one) it looks like a fabric bomb exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have a great sewing area! Your cutting mat looks huge. And I love those curtains peeking behind it. I've been arranging my sewing room lately (got your quilt on the wall!) and will have pictures up hopefully soon. I use little baskets to store some of my notions like buttons, ribbon, etc. I got them at IKEA and they fit nicely into my closet. The only problem is that I can't see inside so I'm always rummaging around to see what's in there! Can't wait to see what your sewing now that you can see your tables.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEAH...a nice clean spot to work in!! It must be the nice weather here on the east coast making us all want to clean up!! I did my room this weekend too.
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this post. I always feel heaps better when i see other people behaving just like me. I am not even in my sewing room at the moment as it is too messy. I have taken up residence on the couch!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your room is such a great size Lisa you are very lucky! I really need to sort mine out again ... after this quilt is done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, your room is huge. My stuff - including wool - is in a chest of drawers in the hall and thats it-- you really are lucky to have so much space .
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think my sewing room resembles more your last post. I really need to clean up, but instead I've been trying to ignore it while woking in on swap stuff and Christmas gifts. :) Might have to just go for it and get cleaning. Your tidy room is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad I came across your blog.
    I have been cleaning my sewing room also.It is so hard to find attactive ways to store all the stuff we just can't live without.
    Brenda:)

    ReplyDelete