Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just another day without a smart title for my post...

...cuz really, I just have a lot of blabbing about different stuff!

As I sat at my serger, in my sewing room, yesterday, attempting my first t-shirt (more about that another day when I have patience!), this brilliant looking guy, stopped for a time at Nature Boy's homemade bird feeder.
Well, I didn't want to startle him, so I stayed put, zoomed in my camera and snapped a bunch of photos of him.

I love cardinals and like to think they make my day better and really, it wasn't so bad!

Looking more like fall here everyday...
and you know what this pretty assortment means?!
Almost time to start raking!!! (Mr. U said, "almost time for the babies [our kids] to start raking.")

Now on to some other matters of business.... swaps!!! I really like to participate in swaps and I like to think that they make me stretch my skills and imagination just a little more each time.

This swap's theme 'de mois' was mushrooms and/or owls. For my partner (who I am pretty sure- at least, that is what the USPS is implying- will receive her quiltie today), I chose an owl.

And I soooooo wanted to keep him!!!!!

Isn't he just adorable?????!!!! He and his eyes and beak are made from wool.

and I did a little straight stitching to embellish the leaves and branches...

This is the back.....
and I sent her a little gift to go along, just so I covered both bases as it was so hard to choose which theme to use!!!
A little pouch with linen and cotton...
and, of course, polka dots inside!!!
I am still waiting for some swap goodness to come my way (although one may have inadvertently taken a detour with my partner's assistant to the Dominican Republic since it never made it to my house)! anyway....

I received these goodies yesterday from Beth...

I just loooooove it!!!!!!! I love black/white/red, as you all know....
and isn't it funny that this is what I sent to Beth....
And just in case, you were wondering what was inside the bag....
and I am not sharing!!!!!!!!!! Okay, well, if Mr. U reads this.... I might! but the 'babies' don't read my blog regularly so I am free and clear to eat all the chocolate I want!!!!!! Thanks again, Beth!

And since you all know of my love for black/white, red combos, check out this giveaway at The Apronista's blog!!!! So cool!!!

Well, Nature Boy had the brackets for his braces put on today. Next week, we have the first of 2 phases of teeth extraction... 8 all together!!!). My partner in 5th grade, who I mentor was not at school today but still, I am off to wait for Sugarbaby who is at art club (the nurse leaves earlier than she today), pick up Nature Boy after an after school animal sculpture class, eat dinner, and Nature Boy and I are getting our hairs cut (an old grad school friend used to say that...) tonight!

blah, blah, blah.....just another day! but not just another post!!

10 comments:

  1. That owl is such a hoot!!!! Sooo cute! Your partner is going to love it. Love the cardinal too - you know, I had never seen one until we bought this house last year. We get them in our yard all the time - just amazing. I can't believe I missed out on cardinals all these years! Is it something about the northeast??

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the owl quilt! It's so cute.

    Cardinals are one of my favorites too. I have a bird feeder right out my sewing room window, and they often come to feed there and they make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that owl....and the back is hoot...sorry cute! the little bird feeder is lovely and the visitors every prettier! Good luck with the braces thing...Mark had them and we went thru the extraction thing...although he didn't have to have so many taken out...but years later he has a great smile....all worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa, lovely stuff. I love owls and mushrooms. Swaps are great. Whooooo wouldn't love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great picture of the cardinal. love your owl and you are pretty lucky to get the hearts and chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Owl and Mushroom swap goodies - your partner will be thrilled!! Your fall leaves look gorgeous - lucky you have three willing rakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your owl quilt is so fun and the quilting is pretty fancy! your partner is going to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I adore that owl! So so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that owl quilt! I may just have to copy that someday for my wall. The little pouch is darling as well. I know I love the one you made for me (already in the purse!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, do you mind if I steal that owl idea? It's just too cute not to try my own version. You are so talented and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete