Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thank yeh, Thank yeh very much! (said in a deep Elvis voice)

It's done!!!!

Okay, I am definitely not a professional photographer. I took these on our back porch this morning with lots of natural light. Here is the front...
And the back....
And one of the labels. The names have been obscured to protect the innocent (well... okay, she ain't so innocent but...).

My youngest child is fiercely independent at times and very determined (it will serve her well but some days it is a pain to deal with.) I found an Ayn Rand (a favorite author of hubby's) quote that seemed fitting:

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

I am calling this piece "Hexagons in Hawaii." I toyed with a couple of other names including 'Elvis in Hawaii with Hexagons' which the girls nixed.

It is a relief to have it done! but it will be scary to see it go up for auction. What if it isn't what the audience likes??? What if there are no Elvis fans!!!!??

So now I can go on to some other fun projects. I have signed up for Ibby Bee Quilts coaster swap. I have some ideas. And I just want to play with my fabric and crafts for a while!



3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful! You will have to keep us updated on the auction. I can't believe there would be no Elvis fans in the building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... what beautiful work and fabric.... you have totally rocked this quilt... well done.
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I bet your happy to be finished. It's great. Good luck with the auction.

    ReplyDelete