Monday, September 22, 2014

I "heart" New York!!!

I spent this past weekend in New York City-
 Manhattan to be exact, 
attending the Quilt Alliance fundraiser, Quilters Take Manhattan 2014.  

It was lots of fun!!! 
But more about that another day!!!

Maybe in my next life I will be an architect 
but for now, 
I love to wander the streets of Manhattan absorbing the richness of its older structures...

from the exquisite buildings....


to the magnificent doors (and windows too) ...



from the intricate wrought iron works ....




 to the incredible architectural adornments....


and the bits of color that splash the city!!!



My heart skips a beat each time I spot an interesting design, color or shape!!!


I love New York!!!!


2 comments:

  1. oh wow! Look at all that gorgeous inspiration! As I scrolled down through your picture mosaics - going in for close looks it was just getting better and better! Love it! Hmm - maybe a series is in the works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can see there is a fascination there

    ReplyDelete